Linked Cloud Accounts Are Not Showing in My Odrive Folder

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
I would need to take a look at a diagnostic to see if there is anything unexpected going on.

Have you been looking at the sync activity log?

I just sent the diagnostic.

I have only been looking at the files being synced, with the changes in the percentages values taking for ever.

To even open Windows explorer after Odrive has been syncing for a while is an issue. It is taking a lot of time before the windows explorer opens. I have had to short down the computer like 2 times and start again when everything seem to get hanged, while trying to do one thing or the other.

Even the diagnostic that I just send, when I clicked “send diagnostic” it took not less than 5 minutes before the diagnostic windows popup, before I was able to click send.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
Looking at the diagnostic and sync activity log, I am seeing numerous “Data error (cyclic redundancy check)” errors from Windows.

This usually indicates that there’s a problem with a file or device and the affected data on your device or storage medium has become damaged or corrupt. This can happen when there are bad sectors on a hard drive, for example, or the drive is failing in some other way.

In particular, there seem to be 4 files that are constantly showing this error:

• D:/odrive/Google Drive-AwoobForKnowledge/1-PROJECTS/KOTOBEE/MP4ES/Android/MP4ES AMAZON ANDROID/MP4ES Amazon Paid Version/MP4ES AMAZON APK-AAB PRO/Muslim-Prayers-for-Everyday-Success-Amazon-Android-Pro-v1.0.5-16-12-2022.apk
  • D:/odrive/Google Drive-AwoobForKnowledge/1-PROJECTS/KOTOBEE/MP4ES/Android/MP4ES AMAZON ANDROID/MP4ES Amazon Free Version/mp4es-app-free-azon/epub/EPUB/imgs/mp4es-cover-image.jpg
  • D:/odrive/Google Drive-AwoobForKnowledge/1-PROJECTS/KOTOBEE/MP4ES/Android/MP4ES AMAZON ANDROID/MP4ES Amazon Paid Version/mp4es-app-free-version-azon/epub/EPUB/js/kotobeeInteractive3D.js
  • D:/odrive/Google Drive-AwoobForKnowledge/1-PROJECTS/KOTOBEE/MP4ES/Android/MP4ES AMAZON ANDROID/MP4ES Amazon Free Version/mp4es-app-free-azon/epub/EPUB/imgs/share-the-free-app.png

Next Steps:
You should run some diagnostic utilities on your D: drive, right away. For example: chkdsk.

If your drive is having issues, that could definitely explain the sluggishness you are expecting.

• What does the Task Manager show for CPU and memory utilization for odrive?

• As a reminder, you can find the sync activity log in the odrive tray menu. It shows exactly what odrive has done and is currently doing.
    sync activity log

I had run the CHKDSK /R.

After different efforts here and there, I think at this point - because a lot of time has gone and I am being heavily distracted, and the upload still seem slow for me - I may need to permanently delete the “1-PROJECT” folder in the Google Drive so that I can have space to download the other folders from Amazon and then upload them to Google Drive.

A Quick Question: Is there a way that Odrive can access the Google Drive’s “Other Computers” folder also, instead of the “My Drive” folder only?

It is now more clearer to me that Odrive is more reliable for uploading one’s files than majority of these cloud apps, if not all of them.

I didn’t know that I was just deceiving myself that Google Drive app was able to finish the upload in a week, not knowing that it just ignored the files that Odrive gave reports of “cyclic redundancy check” for.

I couldn’t see those files in the Google Drive app uploads and I was thinking everything has been uploaded, not knowing that I was wrong.

I am now downloading the files with the "“cyclic redundancy check” reports from Amazon and then copying them into their respective folders manually.

I think I may have to reset my computer after deleting those files with the "“cyclic redundancy check” reports as much as possible.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,

Just be careful with anything you delete locally, as it could sync back to Google (unless that is what you want).

I haven’t tried it recently, but this used to work:

Keep in mind that CRC errors can also indicate larger issues with the hard drive, like it is failing. It looks like you ran chkdsk with the option to find bad sectors. That probably took quite a while. Did it find and correct some issues?

I am not deleting the folder again after realizing that the Google Drive app upload alternative didn’t sync some files.

Odrive has marked my “1-PROJECT” with the blue mark has having been fully synced but whenever I tried to Unsync the folder, it was saying some files/a folder are/is not in sync.

I checked the folder, everything is synced but Odrive was complaining it is not in sync.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
Can you send a diagnostic so I can take a look?

What does the sync activity log show?

Hi @Tony ,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Just sent the diagnostic.

The sync activity was saying that the 1-PROJECT folder cannot be Unsynced because there are stil items that need to be upoloaded, it then gave example of a folder.

It was first giving one folder as an example, that it is not in sync, which I knew all of its content has been completely synced. I have to copy the folder outsite of Odrive, then delete it from both Odrive and Google Drive cloud.

After that, it didn’t give the copied folder as an example anymore but started complaining of another folder.

Hey @awoobforknowledge,
It could be possible that there are blacklisted items that odrive is detecting, since they cannot be uploaded (by design). There are actually some improvements for this going into the next version.

For now, just to be on the safe side, try unsyncing the items inside of any folders that odrive is having an issue unsyncing. You can select multiple folders/files and then right-click->unsync them. This will help narrow down the where the detection is occurring as you focus in on where the item(s) are.

Unsync or copy somewhere first and then delete?

If I Unsync the files/folders Odrive is having issue with, how will Odrive be able to Unsync the “1-PROJECT” folder contaning those files/folders?

Unfortunately, I need to do this download/upoload as soon as possbile, I can’t believe what I am going through right now.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,

You can always unsync items inside of a folder and then unsync the whole folder later. Unsyncing items inside of a folder does not prevent unsyncing the entire thing. Unsyncing is just the act of turning a local file or folder into a 0-byte placeholder file.

Okay. Understood.

However, I still can’t Unsync the main folder yet. I was getting read-only file message whenever some folder were to be unsynced.

After the unsyncing didn’t work as a result of getting read-only file mesage while trying to unsync one folder, I have had to copy 2 folders now elsewhere and then delete them from the main folder.

When I tried to Unsync the main folder after that, it started complaining of another new folder not in sync. I tried to unsync the new folder being complained about, it was giving read-only file message. Sincerely, this is getting frustrating.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
Try this build. It is not official, but it has some improvements for handling read-only items during unsync:

To use:

1. Exit odrive
  2. Download and install the above version

I still can’t Unsync the “1-PROJECTS” folder after a lot of to-and-fro which I can’t be describing them all here.

Cant UnSync-Screenshot 2023-04-13 171104

Thanks a lot for the new build. The new build seems to have stopped all the read-only file issues. I can even see in the sync activity log file that blacklisted files are now being ignored.

However, it is still saying that the “1-PROJECTS” folder can’t be Unsynced. The activity log was saying that some files can’t be synced and the files could be seen in the “not allowed” list.

Meanwhile, after checking, the files in the “not allowed” list from the “1-PROJECTS” folder were already in Google Drive.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
“Error when attempting operation on a file or directory” is a different error than you were seeing before and may indicate some sort of lower-level issue on the disk.

Can you send a diagnostic?

Just sent the diagnostic.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
It looks like there was an issue moving the folder to your Recycle Bin. Did you happen to see a pop-up from Windows about it?

In any case, to try to work around this let’s just do the following:

1. Make sure you have “Set auto empty trash” set to “Never”
  2. Move the 1-PROJECTS folder to another location, outside of odrive
  3. Wait for odrive to pick up the “deleted” folder. Should take about 45 seconds.
  4. Restore the folder in the odrive tray menu by going to the “Trash Bin” section and then clicking on the 1-PROJECTS folder listed there, then clicking on “Recover”. This will return the folder as a placeholder file.
  5. You can then do what you want with the moved 1-PROJECTS folder in step 2.

YES. I don’t know what was causing that. It has happened a couple of times or more.

My “Auto Empty Trash” is always as NEVER.

In fact, I was already thinking of formatting my drive, but I think the steps 2-5 you gave above is best for now before that.

Thanks a lot.