Onedrive - Can't sync folder XXX, Unexpected error

Hi there,
I have the premium account and trying to synchronize my photos.
Unfortunately some subfolders are not syncing - they are not more nested than any others.
Error shown as in subject.
Restart of odrive as well as macbook does not help.
The above folder does not show any label (blue or red).
One folder above shows blue as it would be all synchronized.
That is wrong.

Hi @homonto,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu so we can take a closer look?

Are you trying to upload or download these items?

I am uploading GB from macbook to onedrive
I have managed to move this folder to another place, synch and then move again
Issue is: if the icon blue does not really show that it is fully synchronized I will have to go and check all 40,000 files one by one to check if all my files are in cloud - that is bad

i will send diagnostics once I face it again - I still have abouth 120GB to send to onedrive

Hi @homonto,
When odrive is processing and uploading bulk data, as in your case, the sync states are not as precise. You should let odrive continue syncing until it is completely idle (no items listed as syncing, waiting, or not allowed in the odrive menu). Before that you can have some folders that are not synced, and badge states that are not accurate, because odrive is still working through all of the data.

It is best to avoid moving data around and just let odrive do its thing until it is done. At that point everything should be synced and green. You only need to worry if odrive is completely idle and you have folders that are not checked.

Thank you Tony.
I will keep this in mind.
If it repeats I will keep posting.

1 Like