Odrive 7312 won't start on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

FYI - I had an issue similar to this one that wasn’t resolved with the creation of a new keychain: Odrive (build 6316) won't start on MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6

I ran the suggested commands to see the log output:
"$(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive"

And got these messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/administrator/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in <module>
  File "/Users/administrator/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
  File "/Users/administrator/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in <module>
  File "/Users/administrator/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _getentropy
  Referenced from: /Users/benjamin/.odrive/bin/7312/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _getentropy
  Referenced from: /Users/benjamin/.odrive/bin/7312/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

It looks like the embedded version of Python in the odrive app is incompatible with my version of OSX. Is there anyone else out there using El Capitan? Which version of odrive are you using?

Thanks!

Hey @benjamin.bignell,
I’ll have to look into this. We haven’t tested on El Capitan in a long time and there could be some incompatibilities.

I’ll get back to you this week. Ping this thread if you haven’t heard anything by Wednesday.

Hi @benjamin.bignell,
It looks like recent framework updates removed compatibility with MacOS versions older than 10.12. The last compatible version is 7291, which is fairly recent. You can get it here

Hi @benjamin.bignell,
Our latest release fixes this.