"Not Allowed" Issue with OneDrive

I appreciate the update and the details @dadaix. I will ping this thread if I have any updates on our own approach to OneDrive, or it will be posted to announcements/release notes if it is significant enough.

If you haven’t already, I would suggest following both of those categories so you are notified when any new topics are created ( use the dropdown at the top-right):
https://forum.odrive.com/c/release-notes
https://forum.odrive.com/c/announcements

Hello Tony.

it’s been a bit more than a month now and I was wondering if you had any update you could share about your progress on the OneDrive front (and also, maybe, on the DropBox front regarding your taking advantage of their new API to better reflect/preserve actual modification dates, since both issues involve your current efforts to significantly improve the way the odrive engine works).

Thanks in advance.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, and happy holidays!

Hi @dadaix,
Thanks for checking in.

Development is ongoing for the next major release, and will still take some time before we can push that out. Once we do, will be taking a detailed look at both OneDrive and Dropbox integrations.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to download files on OneDrive

I have run into the “File is locked on OneDrive” problem as well. Currently, all my files and folders in “Shared with me” are locked. I can not add or delete or rename anything. The interesting part is: It did work only one week ago. I did upload several files into these folders succesfully. Now, I can not even rename any of these files.

I’m also using another 3rd party software for browsing my OneDrive folders online. It has the same problem, however, this software is somehow able to at least rename. So probably it’s an issue with Microsoft?

The webinterface of Onedrive does do everything as it should, so currently I’m forced to go online and do it in the browser instead of odrive.

Hi @bastigruenwald,
We haven’t changed anything on our OneDrive integration, so its possible that Microsoft changed something there, if it was working before.

We have historically had issues making modifications within the OneDrive shared folders, so I’m actually surprised to hear that it was working previously.

Hello Tony,
I am new to odrive and have the same problem with onedrive shared (from others) files and folders.
The odrive gives me a not allowed message for the new files i am trying to upload followed by ‘The file is locked on Microsoft OneDrive’. Its crucial for me to work with these folders so, please let me know if there is a solution.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @vziogas5,
My apologies. It is, unfortunately, not possible to modify files in a shared folder in OneDrive via odrive.