Navigation Pane icon not working

Somewhere along the way, my odrive entry in the Window Explorer Navigation Pane (Windows 7) has become unresponsive.

Clicking on it does nothing; right-clicking and choosing “Properties” brings up “The Properties for this item are not available”.

I’ve followed the steps on Moved oDrive to another hard drive, now the navigation pane link is busted but my registry entries point to the correct folder (and always have done)

TBH I’d prefer to remove it (faster access to “Computer” is more important to me") but otherwise getting it working again would be ok.

Hi,
There was some errant behavior in some older versions of odrive that created this entry on Windows 7. It shouldn’t have done this because it only works on Windows 10 :slight_smile:

Sorry about the confusion. Since you already know how to get to the reg entries, you can remove them to remove this item.

For quick reference:
HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{102986AF-0728-447D-83B4-C3CD4F70F273} HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager\odrive!S-1-5-32-544!mainFolder HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{102986AF-0728-447D-83B4-C3CD4F70F273} HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel\{102986AF-0728-447D-83B4-C3CD4F70F273