Moved oDrive to another hard drive, now the navigation pane link is busted

Pretty self-explanatory. I use the Windows Explorer navigation pane to jump around a lot on my computer. I also recently moved oDrive from my C drive (SSD) to the D drive (HDD).

When I did so, however, it appears that it somehow killed the navigation pane links. When I try clicking on it, I’m now told that:

“C:\Users\User\odrive is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sur ethe device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again.” If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. if the location still can’t be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Of course, I can’t figure out a way to point the icon in the pane to the current oDrive folder. Any advice?

Hi,
The location should be changed, but you may need to restart Windows Explorer. You can do this by opening up the Windows Task Manager, right-clicking on Explorer, and selecting restart.

If this doesn’t solve it then let me know.

Thanks!

Just tried it–I’m afraid it didn’t fix it. :-/

Can you take a look at this entry in the registry (regedit)?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID{102986AF-0728-447D-83B4-C3CD4F70F273}\Instance\InitPropertyBag\TargetFolderPath

Edit This entry may also need to be changed:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager\odrive!S-0-0-00-000!mainFolder\UserSyncRoots\S-0-0-00-000

The S-0-0-00-000 will be different for you.

It sounds like that entry may not have been updated properly to the new location.

Okay, the registry edit fixed it! Thanks. Also, there’s a file in the folder which simply named “.odrive.” Can I delete that? It’s only 1 KB.

nope do not delete that file - its what identifies that as an “odrive” folder

also curious - what version of windows are you running ?

Windows 10. And thanks for letting me know not to delete it. Can I make it a hidden file so it’s not just sort of awkwardly shoehorned in with the other folders?

yes, it should have been marked hidden already, but if its not go ahead