Is odrive desktop supported on MacOS Sequoia beta? šŸ˜¬

Thanks @kenlefeb and @matt.nye!

It is strange that nothing is showing in the console logs. On my Sequoia Mac the plugin is working, but I am reading on the Apple Developer forums that there are some issues with using FinderSync extensions on Sequoiaā€¦

Letā€™s see what this one-liner command produces:

echo "Existing odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Removing odrive plugin and listing (should be none listed): "; pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/*/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Adding odrive plugin and listing: "; pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/*/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Enabling odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -e "use" -i "com.oxygen.odriveapp"

This will list any existing odrive plugin, then attempt to remove it, add it again, and enable it.

No dice. I watched it run in terminal and all looked good, but no activity in console and no tooltip in finder :frowning:

Hi @matt.nye,
It is bizarre that you arenā€™t seeing anything in the console. There should be quite a few lines showing-up there, regardless of what the result of the commands are.

Can you copy and paste the output from the terminal here?

What if you just search for odrive instead of Process:FinderSyncExtension in the console? You can exit odrive to reduce noise when filter by ā€œodriveā€.

I may be doing something wrong - not sure. Here are the screenshots:

Hey @matt.nye,
I think I see what may be happening for the console output. Can you try deselecting the ā€œActivitiesā€ option at the top?

Hereā€™s my experience (seems similar to Mattā€™s):

āžœ  ~ echo "Existing odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Removing odrive plugin and listing (should be none listed): "; pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/*/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Adding odrive plugin and listing: "; pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/*/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive; echo "Enabling odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -e "use" -i "com.oxygen.odriveapp"
Existing odrive plugin: 
+    com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0)	8B613D18-C0C9-4290-A91D-AF19823F91B4	2024-07-29 23:26:54 +0000	/Users/kenlefeb/.odrive/bin/7423/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex
Removing odrive plugin and listing (should be none listed): 
Adding odrive plugin and listing: 
+    com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0)	542648D9-B5A4-4E54-91B0-C5EB15E3DCC2	2024-07-29 23:28:04 +0000	/Users/kenlefeb/.odrive/bin/7423/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex
Enabling odrive plugin: 
āžœ  ~ 

Hereā€™s a screenshot of the console afterwards:

Then I relaunched Finder:

I do have other Finder extensions running, as you can see in my Activity Monitor:

Let me know how else I can help. Thank you so much for working with us on this!

Thanks for the follow-up @kenlefeb and @matt.nye.

The extension is being installed, since it comes back in the list after adding it with pluginkit. It seems like it is not being enabled, though, and there isnā€™t any information coming back to tell us why. What makes it more difficult is that it is working correctly on the two machines running 10.15 that Iā€™ve tested here.

Maybe there is a conflict of some sort? I see that @kenlefeb looks to have some other Finder extensions loaded. @matt.nye do you also have some other Finder extensions loaded?

@matt.nye since your console shows 389 messages for the odrive filter, there could be some info there that could point us in the right direction.

• Was this after exiting odrive? If not, can you exit odrive and run the commands again?
  • In either case can you please copy and paste the console entries into a txt file and send that over to me? You can message me directly with it, if you like. Just click on my name and then click on ā€œMessageā€.

Do you know, Tony, if thereā€™s a way to temporarily disable my other extensions (without having to uninstall all of the apps they came with) to see if that fixes our problem with the ODrive extension?

Also, is there any way to manually unsync items without using the Finder extension? I would be happy using a workaround until long-term solutions are discovered.

Thanks!

Hi @kenlefeb,
You can use the included python CLI to send commands, including unsync, from the terminal.

For example:
python3 ~/.odrive/bin/7423/odrive.py unsync "/Users/t/odrive/Dropbox Business/temp"

Would unsync the temp folder in my Dropbox Business account.

Just a heads up - I updated to Beta 2, and the issue persistsā€¦

Hi @matt.nye and @kenlefeb,
This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I wanted to try something.

This command sequence will copy the odriveapp.app file into the userā€™s Applications folder and then go through the extension registration. My thinking is that the new version of MacOS may be picky about where the extension is locatedā€¦

echo "Existing odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -vvvmA | grep odrive; echo "Removing odrive plugin and listing (should be none listed): "; pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/*/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; pluginkit -r ~/Applications/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vvvmA | grep odrive; echo "Copying odriveapp.app to ~/Applications"; cp -R ~/.odrive/bin/7423/odriveapp.app ~/Applications/; sleep 15; echo "Adding odrive plugin and listing: "; pluginkit -a ~/Applications/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -a ~/Applications/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*; sleep 5; pluginkit -vvvmA | grep odrive; echo "Enabling odrive plugin: "; pluginkit -e "use" -i "com.oxygen.odriveapp"

Can you give that a shot and see if it changes anything?

1 Like

Iā€™ll give that a shot over the weekend and let you know. Thanks!

Great guess! That gave me the sync options in Finder!

1 Like

Me too!

Thank you so much for your dedication to helping us figure this out! You are awesome, Tony!

Great! Thanks for trying that @matt.nye and @kenlefeb. I really appreciate your patience and assistance with this.

Now we need to look at product changes to account for this.

1 Like

not starting at all and see the crash reports each time

Hi @dimitri,
Can you try this version, when you get a chance? odrive

@Tony great thanks for so fast response

It works well - started without crashing and synced all files.

1 Like

Our latest release has this fix in it: