I cannot sync unsynced files in a certain folder

I have a folder called “weird_ring” where I keep unsynced files. When I try to sync them, I’m on windows, the right button menu does not have any odrive options such as sync. This happens in this folder. In other folders, it is available.

When I go to odrive, the files in the “weird_ring” directory files are not there. The folder is empty. It looks like I lost them, but I’d like your help to get them back.

I’ve included two screen shots.

Hi @brendhangivens,
It looks like this was a “sync to odrive” folder?
It appears that this would’ve been a “sync to odrive” relationship that was created between Wasabi-Xoran1/weird_ring and D:\xoran\weird_ring

Is that correct?

If so, do you see it listed in the odrive menu under “sync to odrive” and does it have any status message?

The behavior you are describing on the local system is what I would expect if the “sync to odrive” relationship was disrupted in some way. Either removed (right-click->“remove sync” on the D:\xoran\weird_ring folder) or your Premium features expired, or the remote folder it was linked to changed in some was (was moved, renamed, or deleted).

I can’t speculate yet on the items missing from the Wasabi-Xoran1/werid_ring folder without more details on how things were setup and if anything was moved, renamed, deleted, or modified by other applications or users.

Can you provide some additional details and also send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?

It appears that this would’ve been a “sync to odrive” relationship that was created between Wasabi-Xoran1/weird_ring and D:\xoran\weird_ring

Is that correct?

Yes.

If so, do you see it listed in the odrive menu under “sync to odrive” and does it have any status message?

Yes. I am enclosing the folder screenshot.

The message i get is [invalid] next to the folder name. This happens for two folders - one is weird_ring.

The behavior you are describing on the local system is what I would expect if the “sync to odrive” relationship was disrupted in some way. Either removed (right-click->“remove sync” on the D:\xoran\weird_ring folder) or your Premium features expired, or the remote folder it was linked to changed in some was (was moved, renamed, or deleted).

It looks disrupted. I don’t know how. I did not intentionally modify or disrupt odrive. I cannot right-click on “remove sync” as that option isn’t available. The available right-click option is “sync to odrive”. However, these files are already cloud files.

I clicked on send diagnostics. Do you get it automatically?

Thanks. I hope we can figure this out.

Hi @brendhangivens,
I have not seen any diagnostics come in yet. Can you try again and also attach here the file named “current_odrive_status.txt” that is created in the root of the odrive folder?

The diagnostics is reporting an error and cannot send. I tried multiple times.

.current_odrive_status.txt (14.0 KB)

Hi @brendhangivens,
I am taking a look, but right off the bat I am seeing errors from Wasabi relating to time synchronization. Can you check the time and date on your system and make sure it is correct? Wasabi will reject requests that have a timestamp that is too far off from their servers. They are reporting that the time difference is more than 15 minutes.

I also see that there is an odrive folder that was placed in the root of your odrive/B2 folder. This folder can only hold buckets, so you will need to move that odrive folder inside one of your B2 buckets.

Hi @brendhangivens,
In addition to the stuff in my previous post, can you also install this version of the client and then send another diagnostic and attach the new current_odrive_status.txt file (after correcting the time discrepancy noted above)? https://www.odrive.com/s/ba3c1e3d-9ad6-4b8e-a7c8-47f521dc4fce-5e6c05e1

My computer clock and phone clock agree that it is 138pm.

Snag_1335ea05

This is after I installed odrive.6529. Do I need to restart?

My odrive folder in B2 is empty. I think I realized I could not put it outside the buckets and am not using it. Is this what you are referring to?

I did not find a way to check the time on the Wasabi server. If anything, it might be off due to time zones but usually this is factored in.

Hi @brendhangivens,
It all ends up as UTC, so the time zones won’t effect it. Is it possible that it is set incorrectly for daylight savings, or something like that? Is your Windows system configured to set the time automatically? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026213/windows-how-to-set-your-time-and-time-zone

Just to make sure we are running the correct version, exit any running odrive processes and start odrive again, then try sending a diagnostic after a few minutes. Then attach the new “current_odrive_status.txt” file.

This was the settings for date and time:

The time zone was not set automatically. Note that it is adjusted for daylight savings time automatically and the time zone is correct.

This is how I changed it:

The time zone is set automatically for future reference. It did not change the time. However, when these problems were occuring it was during fall back time when it is now spring forward time. While I think it would do the right thing because daylight savings time is set to on, I cannot confirm what it was before.

I followed your directions about sending the diagnostic report. I exited the odrive, waited, started again, and waited. It did not send diagnostics due to an error. After that, I restarted my computer and waited for 10 minutes. The dialogue box said an error occurred.

current_odrive_status.txt (1.0 MB)

Hi @brendhangivens,
I see a couple of odd things here so I’m going to try to describe them.

There are two invalid “sync to odrive” mounts:
D:/xoran/segmentation
D:/xoran/weird_ring

The two invalid “sync to odrive” mounts appear to have been originally synced with a different Wasabi bucket (Wasabi-odrive2). This bucket is setup with the “enhanced” directory structure.

Somehow the configuration on these two “sync to odrive” mounts was changed (or there was an attempt to change) to the the Wasabi-Xoran1 bucket, using the “standard ‘/’ delimited directory structure” but that change couldn’t actually be made because the local folders were already setup to use the Wasabi-odrive2 bucket.

If you look in the odrive folder under Wasabi-odrive2, do you see any folders relating to segmentation or weird_ring?

Hi Tony,

I see this:

I selected Wasabi-odrive2. In the directory, there are 5 directories. Not one is segmentation or weird_ring.

I changed the mounts to standard delimited directory structure so I could access the accounts with other products. If I didn’t do this, it was a garbled mess with no interpretability.

Thanks,
bg

Thanks for the additional information @brendhangivens.

When these mounts were first setup, they look like they were setup against the bucket when it was set for enhanced instead of standard '/'. When looking at the data from the Wasabi web browser it would look like objects with long random strings, in addition to a root folder, which is what you saw.

What did you end up doing with that data that was uploaded in the enhanced format? That would be the data we want to locate that corresponds to these two mounts.

My understanding is that the data was synced so it showed up in the D: drive, the remote data was removed from Wasabi-odrive2, and it was synced with Wasabi-Xoran1.

Do the log files support this?

The diagnostic report has been sent.