How to Find Odrive agent version and how to update it?

Hello
When asking the status of my agent on our server, I receive the below information
How to find agent version?
How to update an agent to latest version?

Thanks and regards,

odrive Make Cloud Storage THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

isActivated: True hasSession: True
email: administrator@fefac.eu accountType: Google
syncEnabled: True version: prod 858
placeholderThreshold: neverDownload autoUnsyncThreshold: never
downloadThrottlingThreshold: unlimited uploadThrottlingThreshold: normal
autoTrashThreshold: never Mounts: 2
xlThreshold: never Backups: 0

Sync Requests: 0
Background Requests: 0
Uploads: 0
Downloads: 0
Trash: 17
Waiting: 18
Not Allowed: 1

Re-reading what I wrote

Is this the version?
syncEnabled: True version: prod 858

What is the latest version available and how to update it?

Thanks and regards

Hi @administrator2,
We are planning on a new agent release in the next several days. Take a look at this post here for information on updating to the latest release:

Hello

Thanks for the answer. I will update, but …
Could you please let me know how to reset odriveagent mounted folders? I prefer not to relaunch the odriveagent directly because I met the following problem

Administrator account had 3 folders within 1 main folder on the GDrive

• MyDrive/Server/ARCHIVES
  • MyDrive/Server/COMMON
  • MyDrive/Server/USERS
    ARCHIVES, COMMON and USERS folders were shared from the Administrator google drive with company users in order to be accessible from their PC when outside the office.

Those 3 folders were mounted and synchronised by odriveagent with the windows folders on the office server

• E:\data\archives
  • E:\data\common
  • E:\data\Users

Recently I installed (and replaced odrive) on users computer Google File Stream on company users’ PC. I then added shortcut in their GDrive pointing to the 3 above mentioned shared folders.

Problems started to appear few days later on the Administrator MyDrive (at the root where nothing was mounted). Many files started to appear in the root of the Administrator MyDrive, and because of space taken by those files, we had to extend GDrive capacity.

By un-mounting the E:\data\users <> MyDrive/Server/Users, files stopped to be added in the root. My conclusion was that odrive was causing the problem. I cleaned the root, and then remounted the E:\data\users <> MyDrive/Server/Users. It works for two or 3 days before the problem came back, I discover the problem yesterday afternoon.

So yesterday 13:00 o’clock, I un-mounted again E:\data\users <> MyDrive/Server/Users without additional action.

And this morning about 11:00 am, MAJOR PROBLEM, the main folder MyDrive/Server disappeared, and all users called me saying that google file stream where not giving anymore access to the shortcut of the shared COMMON nor the ARCHIVES nor the USERS.

Indeed MyDrive/Server disappered from Administrator Google Drive.
Any clue? odriveagent looks like being corrupted with its DB …
What is really confusing is the fact that files started to appear in the root of the administrator google drive folder. How that can happen as nothing is mounted at that root level?

Thanks for your help

Hi @administrator2,
I’m not sure I am following the whole setup and scenario, so let’s step through a couple at a time.

The behavior you are mentioning is definitely unexpected for odrive. odrive doesn’t actually have the ability to remotely delete anything unless it is inside of an odrive mount. It doesn’t sounds like this is the case with your configuration since the mounts were all created with folders that are inside “MyDrive/Server”. Correct? Even when odrive detects a local delete, it will hold that in the odrive trash until it is emptied.

Are you saying this folder is missing from your Google Drive? Is it in the Google Drive trash?
What does the activity on the Google Drive account show?
google_activity

The odrive client shouldn’t have access to the root if it is not accessible via a mount. Does the activity on at the root of the Google Drive show these files being added? Does it show what or who added them?