How to exclude Shared with me folder from sync

Hi.
When using regular Google Drive, the folder Shared with me is not synced at all. This is the way I like it (I add all the files I want into my Drive and organize them as I wish). Unfortunately, with odrive the folder is synced, which is 1) a mess; 2) takes up drive space as all the files from Shared with me are now twice on my harddrive.

Can I set odrive to ignore the Shared with me folder completely?

Hi @frantisekfrolik,
If you want to exclude t he Shared With Me folder, you can keep it as a placeholder file (.cloudf). This will prevent anything inside from syncing. If you have already expanded it you can right-click->unsync it to turn it back into a placeholder.

Hi @Tony.

Thanks for the quick answer. This is one solution I tried, but it does not suit me well. Once in a while, I want to just sync the entire Google Drive account, including subfolders, and this syncs the Shared with me folder as well. That means I have to unsync it over and over again, which is annoying. Any other solution?

FF

Hi @frantisekfrolik,
There isn’t really a way to completely exclude a folder from sync within odrive., at this time, but it is something we plan to support in the future.

Ok, thanks for the info anyway.

1 Like

Any news about this feature? Because I really need it

Hi @pierfrancesconnis,
We added an advanced setting for excluding items from sync. This is a premium feature. https://docs.odrive.com/docs/sync-changes#section--custom-ignore-list-blacklist-

You can exclude the “Shared With Me” folder by opening up the odrive_user_premium_conf.txt file in the root of your odrive folder and replacing one of the examples listed under " blackListNames". For example, replace “thumbs.db” with “shared with me”.