G Suite Team Drive Integration

Ok thanks Tony. We’ll keep an eye out for feature updates.

1 Like

Any update on this key integration???

Thanks,
DG
Boulder, CO.

Hi @david9,
Nothing new to report, yet. We will announce when we do.

That is a shame. I’ve downgraded my subscription to free and will need to look for another solution. It’s a shame this has not been prioritised. I really liked odrive but it is simply not as useful now.

We need this feature ASAP as well as we are all now on Google Team Drive.

Any status updated would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @henry.reith,
Google Team Drive integration is slated for the next generation odrive product, but I don’t have a timeline to provide on that. We’ll be sure to announce when we have it ready.

1 Like

Yeah this would be a great feature. Looking forward to it!

Just wanted to add a PLUS 1 to this request in bold type. Very important!

+1 on this integration. I absolutely love ODrive but as more and more companies are moving to Team Drives it renders ODrive a little useless unfortunately. Would love to see this as part of a release in the very near future.

+1 this is critical for us. Any news on timeline? @Tony looks like your last update that there is no update was almost 4 mo ago.

Hi @nate,
I don’t have an update on this, unfortunately. We’re hoping to get it into odrive2 soon.

+1, I am still looking forward for the Team Drive Integration.

Any time for google team drive integration … it becomes a necessity. Numerous clients using odrive require it.
Any news?

@Tony Man, I love oDrive, but over a year for an update on Team Drives working. The API is available. Maybe I’m missing something here? This is huge. I left oDrive for Google’s own sync but that doesn’t easily let us choose the drive we want to sync to without hacking the Windows registry and symbolic links.

Hi @jway,
There has actually been some work done in this area recently. I am going to see if we can push it into odrive1 and what the best way to do that is.

There are a couple of lingering questions in terms of how Team Drives would be exposed: As a virtual “Team Drives” folder within the Google Drive link, or as a separate link type, that would need to be linked separately (you would have a Google Drive link and a Google Team Drives link, for example). What would be your preference, given those two options?

Hi @Tony,

First of all, thanks for the response. It means the world to us all when the team is engaged, as hard as that can get at times.

So yeah, having Teams in a separate folder/link from the standard Google Drive folder/link really wouldn’t matter to me that much with my workflow. Would love to hear from someone else in the community though.

I just want it to work like it currently does once the desktop app links to it. It would need to be labeled as well as the current folders are though, as I use two G Suite accounts, so…

Does that make sense? It’s 1am here… lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Tony . This is a big one for me too. My preference would be for Team Drives to show up as a separate link type, to prevent any potential file naming conflict. I’ll deal with it either way as having Team Drive integration is super critical.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @jway and @dave4. I will post here once I have more solid info on this, which I’m hoping to have soon.

Support for Google Team Drives has been released to production! See our release notes here: Desktop and Web Releases (07-23-2018) Win v.6349 / Mac-6417

On the desktop “Team Drives” will show up as a new folder in your existing Google Drive link, if you have Team Drives. On the web “Team Drives” will always be listed, but it will be empty if you do not have any Team Drives.

A post was split to a new topic: Folder missing in Dropbox for Teams listing