Finder extension (right-click menu) missing in MacOSX 10.11

Hi developers,

The context menu (Finder Extension) is gone in the latest version of odrive+MacOSX (v4871 and 10.11.3).

In previous versions, as you know, when I right-click the files in odrive folder, I could see the context menu (Finder Extension) “Sync” “Unsync” etc., but now the menu is not displayed.
I suspect that the Finder extension is not installed properly; I checked “Extensions preferences” in MacOSX System Preferences, and I do not see any Finder Extensions.

Could you give me advice, instructions, or clues?

Thanks,
Misho

I will attach possibly relevant log lines:

pkd[310]: UNINSTALLED:com.oxygen.odriveapp com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0) 99291141-2E3D-49CC-ADDB-319B8E7AD0CE /Users/misho/.odrive/bin/4871/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex pkd[310]: INSTALLED:com.oxygen.odriveapp com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0) <__NSConcreteUUID 0x7fd6c2318bb0> B88123A8-4088-4A40-9CB4-289288F6DAD1 /Users/misho/.odrive/bin/4871/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.
pkd[310]: plug-in sdk “com.apple.FinderSync” not registered
pkd[310]: client 46415 plug-in com.oxygen.odriveapp election := 1

Thanks. We will take a look at this.

Just to confirm, you don’t see any odrive plugins listed in the extensions section of system preferences?

Exactly. No odrive extensions are found there.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Misho,
Let’s try a manual install and see what happens. Please make sure you have the latest version installed (4894 as of this post)

1. Exit odrive

2. Open up a terminal

3. enter the following and then hit enter:
    pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive
    Is anything show at this point?

4. enter the following and then hit enter:
    pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
    this will remove the extension, if it is installed

5. enter the following and then hit enter:
    nothing should be listed after running this command

6. enter the following and then hit enter:
    pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
    This will install the extension

7. enter the following and then hit enter:
    This should now show that the odrive extension is installed and it should be visible in the extensions listing

Here is a video going through the process, just to make sure the steps and results are clear. Ignore the fact that the directories I’m tying in are slightly different, it was created a little while ago

Hi,

The problem is solved; the actual problem was the other lines in system.log, which was

kernel[0]: Sandbox: coresymbolicatio(39999) System Policy: deny(1) file-write-create /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.coresymbolicationd
coresymbolicationd[39999]: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.coresymbolicationd/data does not exist, resetting cache
coresymbolicationd[39999]: Attempt to create [/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.coresymbolicationd/data] failed. No such file or directory
coresymbolicationd[39999]: Unable to open storage at /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.coresymbolicationd/data

This was a known problem, and I could solve this issue by the solution post there.
I have to left /System/Library/Caches as norestricted, but I don’t mind.

After I solved this issue, the context menu appears, odrive-plugin can be found in SystemPreferences, and no log lines like plug-in sdk "com.apple.FinderSync" not registered are written.

I for your information drop the output of your instruction. This output is BEFORE fixing the above problem, but even AFTER I fixed the problem, I can get the same output.

$ pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive

• com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0) 9AE43B5A-78C3-4BD2-A8DD-09591B4B78F0 2016-02-03 14:02:13 +0000 /Users/misho/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex

$ pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
remove: no plugin at /Users/misho/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex

$ pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*

• com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0) 727A5B5E-0C1C-4884-A021-F0F2D661FE5D 2016-02-03 14:04:22 +0000 /Users/misho/.odrive/bin/4894/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex

Thanks a lot.

Interesting. I was not aware of this issue. Thanks for updating! It will definitely help others who might hit this issue.

I am using a MacBook Air and the context menu is missing.
OSX 10.11.3
odrive 4901

tried manual install of finder extension from here (with path changes of course). Still no luck.

Can you tell me what the results where from the steps listed here? I would like to know where things start to break down from the video shown, too.

https://discourse.odrive.com/t/finder-extension-right-click-menu-missing-in-v4871-macosx-10-11-3/79/5

Thanks!

Hi Tony,
I have recently installed odrive 5039 and have no context menu. I’m using OSX 10.11.3
Went through your instruction of manual installation but it didn’t help. Here is what I did:
> MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive

com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0)	095505B9-4D5F-4E19-BEBB-3CE682464B41	2016-02-25 09:37:00 +0000	/Users/lukasz/.odrive/bin/5039/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex
MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/5039/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
remove: no plugin at /Users/lukasz/.odrive/bin/5039/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex
MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive
MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/5039/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive
     com.oxygen.odriveapp(1.0)	8035987E-8485-4FCD-BFCF-57E062D908FC	2016-02-25 10:09:28 +0000	/Users/lukasz/.odrive/bin/5039/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex
MacBook-Pro-Lukasz:~ lukasz$ 

Any idea? Thx!

Small update:
Context menu appeared after creation of new folder inside OneDrive. Weird…

Should I also see anything in the System Preferences? I’m new but I think I read this info somewere.

Thx.

You should see the odrive Finder extensions listed in System Preferences -> Extensions. It sounds like they are working for you now?

Yes, all works fine now!
On 2nd Mac installation was successfull without any tricks.

1 Like

Finder extension (right-click menu) missing in MacOSX 10.11.4 (Portuguese -BR) oDrive 5174.

Hi @bruno,
Have you taken a look at the above posts? Can you tell me if the extension is listed and enabled in System Preferences -> Extensions?

Hi @Tony I tried but did not work.

K let’s try the steps for performing a manual install and see what happens:

1. Exit odrive

2. Open up a terminal

3. enter the following and then hit enter:
    Is anything showing at this point?

4. enter the following and then hit enter:
    pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin/5174/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
    this will remove the extension, if it is installed

5. enter the following and then hit enter:
    nothing should be listed after running this command

6. enter the following and then hit enter:
    pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin/5174/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/*
    This will install the extension

7. enter the following and then hit enter:
    This should now show that the odrive extension is installed and it should be visible in the extensions listing

Here is a video going through the process, just to make sure the steps and results are clear. Ignore the fact that the directories I’m typing in are slightly different, it was created a little while ago: Amazon Drive

Keep an eye on the console, too, for any odd errors, like the ones cited here:

Did not work :frowning:
Any other suggestions?

None of the above worked for me either. I have OS X 10.11.15 and odrive 5491

Sorry for the delay on this one. It is so strange.

Can you please open up a terminal:

… and then copy and paste this into the terminal and hit enter:

pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive;pluginkit -r ~/.odrive/bin//odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/;pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive;pluginkit -a ~/.odrive/bin//odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/;pluginkit -vmA | grep odrive

Then copy and paste the output that is printed out and post it here so I can take a look at it?

Thanks!