Directory not sync'd

And a Happy New Year to you (all?)!

Good news: I did update the software after returning to a secure Internet connection, and that seems to have solved the problem. Certainly, it solved this problem, and file is now synced successfully. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

Yes, I am running the 32 bit version of Linux on the machine which hit this problem. The machine supports 64 bit and I did install the 64 bit version years ago, but the performance on this old and small machine was dreadful, so I reverted back to 32 bit. Sadly, it is far more responsive.

About the software versions … I can see the version I am running when I view the status. But I can’t see any way of identifying the software version being offered for download. And (I believe) the different platforms all have their own different versions, so it is not obvious to me when the version I am interested in has been updated - and I seem to have no way to check.

Also (this is possibly a bit nitpicking, but …) the instructions say how to download the software; they don’t say how to update it. With some software, you can hit problems if you simply install a newer version over the top of an older version. So could you add a couple of lines of text to the instructions, giving the current version numbers and also assurance that updates can be applied simply by running the install script again?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @tenuki57,
I’m glad to hear the issue as been resolved!

For releases, we post them to our Release Notes section, which you can follow to be notified of any releases that come out: https://forum.odrive.com/c/release-notes

The last Agent release was this one: Odrive Agent Releases (10-02-2019)

I’ll look into posting the version numbers alongside the download links and adding some verbiage for upgrading the agent in the docs.

Thanks.

Just to be clear, as I run Linux, am I right in thinking that there is a new version of your software available to me when you issue a new Web release, but not when you issue a new Windows or Mac release?

Hi @tenuki57,
I hope to have new Agent builds out by next week.

Hi @tenuki57,
It took a lot longer than expected, but we have a significant release out now for the agent and CLI client. This one brings the agents up to date with all of the improvements that have gone into the desktop client over the past couple of months including new features like advanced performance tuning, recursive sync, and a diagnostics capability. Desktop and Web Releases (05-14-2020) Win v.6584 / Mac v.6677