Can't Unsync on Mac - No Permission

Yeah that works for me. If it’s easier I can call you.

Okay here are the additional things to test/try:

1. Since you have deleted and restored AXION_logos.ai: If you sync it again, so it is local, are you able to unsync it now? If unsync works:
    a. please sync it down a second time and let’s pull the perms and ACLs from it to look at it.

ls -aleO “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”

2.If unsync in 1. didn’t work, then create a new file called “testing.txt” in /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/, let it sync, then let’s pull the permissions off of it:

ls -aleO “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/testing.txt”

3.Let’s check the details of the odrive processes:

ps aux | grep -i odrive

4.For a file that cannot be unsynced, make a copy of it somewhere (as a backup), and then delete it remotely from the odrive web app (https://www.odrive.com). What we are testing here is that a remote delete can be reflected properly on your local machine and isn’t hitting the same permission issue. After deleting remotely, perform a right-click->refresh on the folder that contains that file to see if it is deleted.

5.Send another diagnostic

Thanks!

I was able to unsync it.

server:~ jordan$ ls -aleO “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”
-rw-r–r–+ 1 jordan staff - 1070499 Mar 28 2012 /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai
0: user:_spotlight inherited allow read,execute
1: group:libredesignagency inherited allow read,write,execute,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity

server:~ jordan$ ps aux | grep -i odrive
jordan 703 7.9 1.8 2751156 148548 ?? S 9:06AM 21:10.42 /Users/jordan/.odrive/bin/5246/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odriveapp
jordan 4790 0.9 0.0 2434840 788 s000 S+ 12:26PM 0:00.00 grep -i odrive
jordan 722 0.0 0.3 2666380 22620 ?? S 9:06AM 0:26.29 /Users/jordan/.odrive/bin/5246/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive
jordan 721 0.0 0.6 2630532 49160 ?? Ss 9:06AM 1:27.08 /Users/jordan/.odrive/bin/5246/odriveapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncExtension
jordan 701 0.0 0.2 2584472 18452 ?? S 9:06AM 0:06.04 /Users/jordan/.odrive/bin/5246/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odriveapp

Just sent another diagnostic.

Were you able to try step 4.?

Never mind. I am able to reproduce this now.

We figured out the root cause, which has to do with ownership of the files and folders. A workaround that I have tested is to add ACLs for you that are applied to all files and folders on the drive. I would recommend starting with a small directory you want to unsync, just to make sure it works the way we expect.

The command you will run is:

sudo chmod -R +a “$(whoami) allow read,write,delete,readattr,writeattr,readsecurity,writesecurity” “path/to/folder”

If we were going to try this on a test folder, we could send the following command:

sudo chmod -R +a “$(whoami) allow read,write,delete,readattr,writeattr,readsecurity,writesecurity” “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion”

Please let me know if you have any questions on the above.

Thanks!

Amazing! Looks like it worked. Thanks!

1 Like