Can't Unsync on Mac - No Permission

So I’ve searched all over the form and web and can’t find an answer to my question. I am running Odrive on an Apple Server and have been able to Unsync a couple files. Now I am not able to Unsync anything and when I try I get a message that says “Error Updating the file. No permission.” I definitely have permissions on this computer and I’ve tried restarting as well. We’re running OS X 10.11.4.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,
Are you unsyncing a large structure? If so, are you able to drill in and try unsyncing directories/files inside to see if you can narrow down what specific path is causing the issue?

Thanks!

Unfortunately that does not work. See my screenshot.

After I do that the check goes away too.

Hi,
Can you open up a terminal session (type “terminal” in Spotlight search) and then copy and paste the following and hit enter?
lsof -nP | grep "/odrive/"

Just want to see if it reports any open file handles within odrive. Also, can you send off a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu?

Thanks!

Nothing is returned when I hit enter. I sent the diagnostics.

Hi,
I took a look at the diagnostic and I can see you have a massive sync import happening at the moment on a Pro Sync folder. It is possible that so much is happening that odrive is dealing with internal contention and different threads are vying for time.

Bulk import syncing is an expensive and complex process which is best left to do its thing before manipulating the structure in any way. I would recommend waiting until things settle down before starting to further manipulate the data or trying to unsync. It will certainly take some time, especially since it looks like your target is Google Drive and they tend to be one of the most aggressive services for API throttling, but it will go faster if it is left alone.

Okay thanks for the help Tony. I will follow up once this is complete.

Thanks! I’ll be around :slight_smile:

Is there a way to see how much is remaining to upload?
Also wondering what to do about the files that don’t have a checkmark or sync mark?

Thanks!

Hi,
odrive works progressively through the structure, so it does not know exactly how much is left to sync.

If you see files inside an odrive folder that do not have a green check or sync mark is means that they haven’t been synced yet and are not in the process of syncing (transferring) yet.

Okay thanks for the info Tony!

Finally finished syncing everything. Still can’t Unsync. I open the folder all the way down to the last file.

Hi,
You get this when trying to unsync that file directly (right-click->unsync on AXION_logos.ai)? If so, can you do it again and then send a diagnostic?

Thanks!

Yup. Just sent the diagnostic.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Hi @steven.johnson
I took a look yesterday, but it was inconclusive. The error is an OS-level error being reported to us that is basically saying we can’t properly delete the file (to unsync and replace with a placeholder).

If you are still seeing this error on this particular file, we can run a few more diagnostics on your system to see if we can figure out what is happening:

Open up a terminal session:

copy and paste the following in terminal, hit enter, and then post what you see as the result here:

ls -al /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai

copy and paste the following in terminal, hit enter, then post what you see as the result:

lsof -nP | grep “/odrive/”

and

lsof -nP | grep -i “Axion”

So as I went through and hit enter, nothing happened. Then I pasted it again and got a response.

`server:~ jordan$ ls -al /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai

ls -al /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai
ls: /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libres Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai
ls -al /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libres: No such file or directory
ls: Cloud/4: No such file or directory
ls: DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai: No such file or directory
ls: STAR: No such file or directory
server:~ jordan$ `

Uggh… sorry, I forgot to put quotes around the path. Can you please try these?

ls -al “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”

and

ls -al “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion”

server:~ jordan$ ls -al “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”
-rwxrw----+ 1 root staff 1070499 Mar 28 2012 /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai
server:~ jordan$ ls -al "/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion"
total 2096
drwxrwx—+ 3 root staff 102 Apr 26 2012 .
drwxrwx—+ 6 root staff 204 May 14 2012 …
-rwxrw----+ 1 root staff 1070499 Mar 28 2012 AXION_logos.ai

Thanks. Can you run a few more for me?

groups

and

ls -ale “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”

and

ls -ale “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion”

Thanks!