Can't Unsync on Mac - No Permission

server:~ jordan$ groups
staff deprecated_pm_access_61e93cd7 workgroup com.apple.access_addressbook admin com.apple.access_chat com.apple.access_backup libredesignagency com.apple.access_mail everyone netaccounts com.apple.access_calendar com.apple.access_podcast com.apple.local.ard_manage com.apple.sharepoint.group.2 com.apple.sharepoint.group.4 com.apple.sharepoint.group.3 com.apple.local.ard_interact _appstore _lpadmin _lpoperator _developer com.apple.access_ftp com.apple.access_screensharing com.apple.access_ssh com.apple.local.ard_reports com.apple.local.ard_admin com.apple.sharepoint.group.1

server:~ jordan$ ls -ale “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”
-rwxrw----+ 1 root staff 1070499 Mar 28 2012 /Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai
0: user:admin allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity
1: group:libredesignagency allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity

server:~ jordan$ ls -ale “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion”
total 2096
drwxrwx—+ 3 root staff 102 Apr 26 2012 .
0: user:admin allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity
1: user:_spotlight allow list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit,only_inherit
2: group:libredesignagency allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
drwxrwx—+ 6 root staff 204 May 14 2012 …
0: user:admin allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity
1: user:_spotlight allow list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit,only_inherit
2: group:libredesignagency allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
-rwxrw----+ 1 root staff 1070499 Mar 28 2012 AXION_logos.ai
0: user:admin allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity
1: group:libredesignagency allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity

Any idea?..

I don’t see anything obviously wrong, but the OS is not allowing us to unsync. The ACLs make it less clear, but they seem to be sufficient to allow you to manipulate the data, based on the libredesignagency group ACLs listed.

If you create a new file, let it sync, then try to unsync, does it work?

one more command to run just to make sure the file isn’t locked:

ls -aleO “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion”

Do you know if any ACLs or permissions were changed recently on this volume? Is the drive this is on located on the machine, or is it mapped in from somewhere else?

Are you able to delete this file through Finder? (You can restore it from the odrive trash, so don’t worry about losing it).

Last login: Tue Apr 26 14:00:51 on ttys000 ls -aleO "/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre's Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion"server:~ joAxion"ls -aleO "/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre's Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/ total 2096 drwxrwx---+ 3 root staff - 102 Apr 26 2012 . 0: user:admin allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity 1: user:_spotlight allow list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit,only_inherit 2: group:libredesignagency allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit drwxrwx---+ 6 root staff - 204 May 14 2012 .. 0: user:admin allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity 1: user:_spotlight allow list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit,only_inherit 2: group:libredesignagency allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit -rwxrw----+ 1 root staff - 1070499 Mar 28 2012 AXION_logos.ai 0: user:admin allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity 1: group:libredesignagency allow read,write,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity server:~ jordan$

Not really sure about the ACL list.

The drive is an external drive that is permanently mounted.

I saved a text file and was able to unsync it.

Let’s try explicitly adding full permissions to this file for your user:

sudo chmod +a “jordan allow read,write,execute,delete,append,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,writesecurity,chown” “/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/AXION_logos.ai”

After doing that can you unsync that file?

Unfortunately not…

Since everything is synced can I just delete the file off my machine? Wouldn’t this leave it on Google Drive?

Can you first try deleting just the one AXION_logos.ai file from within Finder, to see if it will delete?

odrive will not sync the delete to the cloud unless you empty the odrive trash from the odrive tray menu (unless you’ve enabled auto-trash rules). Once it is in the trash, you can restore it back to a placeholder file.

I would like to see if the above steps work for this file, since it approximates what unsync does.

Yes I was able to delete the file from Finder.

Where is the odrive trash?

It will show up in there. Since this is on an external drive it may be slower to pick up the changes (the OS may not be telling us something changed). You can coax it along by right-click->Refresh on the containing folder (/Volumes/Data/Libre/Libre’s Cloud/4 STAR DISTRUBTION/Axion/).

Okay. So what now? The bummer is our server is full and we need to unsync these files to free up space.

Did it show up in the trash after a refresh? If not, can you send another diagnostic. If so, were you able to restore it?

Yeah I was able to restore it. We are all good with that. I was talking about unsyncing all of these files.

Thanks!

If your need is urgent, you can do the same at the directory-level too. The hesitation would be that you want to make sure everything is synced before deleting. Unsync will check to make sure everything is in sync before removing the local data. When you delete you are bypassing that check.

I need to discuss with the team why unsync is not working on your system properly, today.

Can you send one more diagnostic before you proceed further?

Thanks!

Just sent the diagnostic. Thanks!

So what do you think this means? When I click on odrive and open odrive folder, it shows the folder I am trying to unsync is unsynced. But when I go to the external drive the files are still there with a blue check mark.

Since it is using the “sync to odrive” feature, it is possible to see it in two places: the original location you have mapped to the remote odrive location, and the remote odrive location representation inside the odrive folder.

It can be a bit confusing to look at it in both locations, which is why it is an advanced feature :slight_smile:

Just discussing this with the team some more. If you are up for it, I would like to run a few more tests before you wipe everything out. If that will work for you, let me know.