Any updates on the new VIP program?

For the last year or so I’ve seen quite a few posts regarding your VIP plan and you’ve mentioned your updating it with more pricing options for those who just want to use selective sync without the other premium features.

I’ve been checking the forum and waiting but I thought I’d ask if you have any updates regarding this?

Please understand from a consumer perspective, your client is great I love it but for those ‘home users’ paying $8/mo is kinda crazy, especially considering my cloud pricing is under $5/mo. I believe the current plan is aimed at business users or those with multiple storage options and it seems a logical price but please don’t forget you also have many home users!

I know you probably have a good idea on what your going to change and how you’re going to do it, I did have an idea regarding a solution just in case you’re still reviewing options and thought what’s the harm in sharing it! The idea was to possibly have a ‘lite’ VIP option which has strict restrictions but is affordable. For example the ‘lite’ plan is for those using only one storage solution (features only work for one selected provider) with possibly a time based cool down to change the option in case users migrate files and of course without the encryption.

Don’t get me wrong we understand running a business isn’t cheap and the servers/resources you must use for day-to-day operations is probably quite excessive, I’m no business expert so it’s more of an opinion but making the product cheaper never necessarily means less money, it opens the door to many new clients and the best advertisement on the market, word of mouth!

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to post something constructive as I love the project and would like to support it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is there a monthly subscription option for Premium?