Ability to not display shortcut to synced folders in odrive menu

I’ve synced selected folders outside of the main odrive folder and would like to not see them displayed on the main odrive menu, as I have several and it clutters the UI.

1 Like

Hi @onoturtle,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your use case, we are already in process to restructure our tray menu to improve overall user feedback and experience.

In new tray menu all of your “Sync to odrive” folders will be listed in sub-menu (new planned design) which will not impact your routine usage and default view of odrive tray menu. This means app menu won’t grow with growing no. of sync / backup jobs against external folders.

I cannot promise when these changes will be available to end users but I can ensure you, it is in our roadmap and we are working hard to bring this out to users as early as possible.

Stay tuned…!

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like

Good news! we have released our new desktop clients with improved tray menu (plus other stability fixes), soon we are going to push an update to existing clients, it should then resolve the above reported usability problem.

NOTE: The autoupdater has not been pushed yet, so if you want to try out this build, please grab it from the download page here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns

Thanks,
Asif

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I’m no longer in the premium trial and no longer syncing folders external to the odrive folder. My use case for the external folders is for backup, so I found scheduling calls to the free rclone command line program is sufficient for me. I’ll reevaluate odrive premium when the backup features are launched. rclone doesn’t do versioning and that would be useful for some of my folders.

1 Like

We will be releasing Backup feature very soon in near future, I’ll keep you updated whenever it is available for end users. Actually, there are many advance features team is working on, so stay your self updated.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like