Items unsyncing prior to selected interval

Tony,
Under the “Set Auto Unsync” feature, I have my folders scheduled to unsync “After 1 month (current).” I just sync’d all my project folders again at the start of this week and a few files have unsync’d & reverted back to CLOUD files (under the file Type column). I have a PC. I can’t figure out why this keeps happening.

I checked the “sync activity log” on my computer and did a keyword search for "waiting" and within this report, over the last week, it found this keyword.

For this reason, I clicked on the “Send diagnositcs” feature and sent the log to the O:drive Team for review, except there wasn’t a place for me to list what my issue is. This is why I’m adding to this similar thread.

Could you please help me understand why some of my files are unsyncing, before they are scheduled to unsyc (as per the way I scheduled my files to unsync in the "Set Auto unsync" section?)

Thank you.

Hi @giannetti,
Can you try updating to the latest version of our software and see if this issue remains?

Your version is a bit old, and there were some changes to the auto-unsync feature in later versions that could affect things. At the very least the logging should be better and provide additional clues, if the issue remains.

To update:

1. Exit odrive from the odrive tray menu
  2. Download the latest version from here: Set Up Your odrive
  3. Install

Tony,
I re-sync’d my project folders this past Monday and just today, I noticed that I have files on my odrive which are listed as CLOUD Files, rather than PDF Files.

I followed the instructions provided above, to update to the latest version of the odrive software. My “Set auto unsync” feature is scheduled to unsync my files After 1 month (current).

See attachments for assistance. Can you provide me with additional guidance on how I might be able to keep my files sync’d for a full month.

Thank you.

Hi @giannetti,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu and let me know when it is set, so that I can investigate?

Hi Tony,
I just sent the diagnostics.
Thanks.

Hi @giannetti,
Looking at the logs, the feature is behaving as we expect, but it may not be as you expect.

For the file that ends with “(Expires 2023-1209).pdf”:

• This files was downloaded 12 Feb 09:09:52AM. That was the last sync activity or modification seen on this file.
  • When you choose to sync a folder, as in your screenshot, only the files that have not been downloaded yet will be affected (they will download at this point). All other files that have already been downloaded, like the above file, won’t be touched, since they are already in sync.
  • Since the file wasn’t changed within 1 month, it was unsynced on 13 Mar 12:00:53PM.

By default, the auto-unsync is based on sync activity or local file modification for the individual object (essentially “last modified” time). If it hasn’t changed within the auto-unsync period then it will be unsynced.

We do have an advanced feature that can be enabled that will use “last accessed” time instead of “last modified/synced”: autoUnsyncUseAccess

Based on your logs, it looks like this could work for you. In the case of the above file, it was last accessed on 7 Mar 5:41:08PM

To use this advanced feature:

• Double-click to open the odrive_user_premium_conf.txt file in the odrive folder root.
  • Change the autoUnsyncUseAccess value from false to true
  • Save the file

If you don’t see this option, you will need to delete the odrive_user_premium_conf.txt file. It will regenerate with all of the latest options.