Wrong Browser, Connected to wrong account, can't disconnect

I moved myself to a new profile on my Mac. In trying to get odrive moved over, I connected using facebook, but then realized I should have connected using gmail. Odrive will only use/see safari and I cannot get it to release from facebook to login to google. It keeps me in an infinite loop, connecting to facevbook, then gmail, and back again. How do I get safari to release the odrive settings. I deleted all my odrive web data but that didn’t work. I have a premium account but I cannot get the desktop app to connect to it. HELP!

Hi @alan.glazier,
Have you tried deauthorizing the desktop client? You can find the option int he odrive menu under “Authorized User”. Once you do that, you should be able to choose the login you want to use (Google) and be back in business.

If you’ve already done this, can you give me some additional details on the flow that is happening? If you can provide screenshots that would help, as well.

I logged back into my old mac account and deactivated thinking that would help.

When I got to Upgrade Your Account, it opens Safari (my default browser is Chrome). And Safari defaults to Facebook as my authorization method.

When I try to login to Facebook to get past that, I get this message:

You signed in with different credentials.
The account you signed in with doesn’t match the one you used previously. Please sign in with the same account that you used before.

So then it offers to let me login to another account. I choose google and it walks me through the wizard.

Once I allow google, I get the same message.

You signed in with different credentials.
The account you signed in with doesn’t match the one you used previously. Please sign in with the same account that you used before.

So. I can’t seem to get authorized in any account now. My login is under alan.glazier@gmeil.com.

I don’t understand why it is defaulting to Safari. I can login to odrive fine in google. I just can’t get the client to acknowledge google’s login in chrome and it won’t let loose of safari or let me login there.

Alsn

Hi @alan.glazier,
The browser issue of not opening your default browser is a MacOS bug that should be fixed in their next update (10.12.6).

Let’s try these steps:

1. Uninstall odrive: How do I uninstall odrive?
  2. Clear odrive.com cookies in Safari
  • Select “Preferences” from the Safari menu:

• Click on the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Manage Website Data”:

• Type “odrive” into the search box. Select “odrive.com” and click “Remove”

1. Reinstall odrive and login to Google.

Thanks, that fixed it. It was really frustrating not to be able to find a way out of this on my own. It would have been nice to have a way to disconnect from the facebook connection in safari. It was very odd.

Thanks for reporting back @alan.glazier! I’m glad you’ve got things working now.

It should generally not be this difficult, so I’m not sure what was going on there. I am going to run some more tests to see if I can reproduce.