Waiting Cue Never Empties

I am syncing my local hard drives to Amazon Drive. I have a cue of certain files and folders that are always coming back into the waiting cue some time after odrive starts up.

I have tried un-syncing the folders that contain the files and then re-syncing but the same files keep coming up in the waiting cue. Most are files and folders that exist on my local drive and in my amazon drive. Some of the files are exactly in the same folders they have always been in but some of the folders in the waiting cue are listed under names for the folders that I have since changed.

I have been dealing with this for about 3 weeks now and o-drive never really stops attempting to sync these files and folders so it is always using the computing power.

What can be done to fix this?

-eric

Hi @ericvhaynes,
There must be something preventing the sync. Is it possible that you’ve run out of space on Amazon Drive?

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu so I can take a closer look?

I have sent the diagnostic. Or at least i think i have.

It is not possible that i am running out of space because i sync new stuff to amazon all the time. It is only these files and folders that keep reappearing.

Thanks @ericvhaynes

I took a look and the diagnostic is showing an error in the local tracking database. This can happen if there is a disk error during database writing, sudden power loss, unexpected application termination, etc.

The easiest way to recover is to deauthorize odrive and then re-login. This backs-up (renames) the current odrive folder and then creates a new one, for a fresh start on the local system with fresh local databases.

You can then copy in the backup data and it should start working again.

Here are the steps:

1. Deauthorize the desktop client (odrive menu->Authorized User->Deauthorize). Note the user information here so that you can make sure you login with the proper user in step 2.
  2. Go through the setup process and log back in as the same user.
  3. Once odrive fully initializes, go to the new odrive folder, which should now have all placeholder (.cloudf) files inside. The local cache has now been reset.
  4. Go to the backup odrive folder that was created during deauthorization. It will be located in your user home folder and have a name like odrivebackup-[current date and time].
  5. Move all of the folders inside this backup folder (your linked storage folders) to the fresh odrive folder. The folder names in the backup folder and the names of the .cloudf files in the new odrive folder should be exactly the same. If the are not, then stop here and let me know.
  6. Once you move the folder over they will end up replacing the .cloudf files in there (odrive will remove the placeholders when it sees that the “real” folders are now present). odrive will go through everything and determine what has been synced and what hasn’t and reconcile anything that needs to be processed.

Please let me know if you have any questions on these steps.

I am having trouble deauthorizing. O drive keeps quitting in the middle of the process or something happens that o-drive quits and when i start it up again it still seems to be authorized. I have tried restarting the computer and such but it keeps quitting at the same point.

Hi @ericvhaynes,
Okay, no problem. Instead of deauthorizing we can uninstall. We will do a full uninstall to make sure everything is taken care of.

Take a look here for how to do this and use this as step number 1 :