Used CCleaner, I think it removed .cloudf file associations. (Win 10)

I used CCleaner which was supposed to delete unused file extensions. I later found out that I could no longer double click on files and folders to sync them. The pop up for picking the default program for opening .cloudf files shows but nothing happens when I choose odrive.exe.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling odrive to no avail. What can I do now to reenable double click to sync?

Hi @avni462,
When you are choosing which app to open with, navigate to your user home directory\.odrive\common\bin\OdriveOpen.exe

The .odrive directory is hidden, so you will need to make sure that you have hidden files and folders checked in the Windows Explorer options.

Hi Tony,

I did as you said but it remains the same. The pop up asking me to choose a default program continues to show and my folder stays as a .cloudf file.

Hmm… Okay let’s try a different way, although it is a bit more advanced and you will want to be careful.
Open up regedit (type regedit in the Windows taskbar search) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Odrive.CloudFolder\Shell\Open\command

In there there should be a (Default) string with something like this:
“C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE.odrive\common\bin\OdriveOpen.exe” “%1”

Do you see that? If so, what is the value?

There is a identical (Default) entry for cloud files (.cloud):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Odrive.CloudFile\Shell\Open\command

If you have those in there already, try restarting Windows to see if they get picked up.

I do see those, both of their values are %1. Restarting did not change anything :frowning:

Hi,
You mean the values are something like this, right?
“C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE.odrive\common\bin\OdriveOpen.exe” “%1”

If it is only %1 then it definitely won’t work.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Okay. It should be working so let’s try some other experiments.

Open up a command prompt and issue a command like the following:

“C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\.odrive\common\bin\OdriveOpen.exe” “C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\odrive\SOME_SERVICE_HERE\SOME_FILE_HERE.cloud”

Does running this manually result in proper behavior?

If you pass a bogus cloud file path like:

“C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\.odrive\common\bin\OdriveOpen.exe” “C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\odrive\SOME_SERVICE_HERE\SOME_FILE_HERE_THAT_DOESNT_EXIST.cloud”

do you get a proper exception (Unable to sync SOME_FILE_HERE_THAT_DOESNT_EXIST This file doesn’t exist)?

If you aren’t see anything then its possible something else is blocking OdriveOpen from running properly.