Unexpected error Please try again later when attempting to sync folder

Hi,

I found another time with a similar problem with some files’s synchronization. It seems to be something similar (a name problem) than the other time. I’ve recently done some folder movements and now there are 3 files in “D:\odrive\Dropbox\Documentos\UOC\Asignaturas\Vulnerabilidades de seguridad\Actividades\Practicas EVALUABLES\20161028-0930-Practica1\Ejercicio 2\Apartado5\mulaw_ORIGINAL” that are not synchronizing. The affected files are:

• example-file-broken.wav
  • example-fileM1F1-mulaw-AFsp.wav
  • mulaw.c

There are two files in the same folder that are working fine:

• Makefile
  • mulaw.h

PD: I’m working with 5926 windows version.

Best Regards,
Edgar

Hi @edgar.munoz77,
Did you send another diagnostic? If so, can you tell me when you sent it?

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

Diagnostics sent.

Best Regards,
Edgar

Hi @edgar.munoz77,
Windows is giving an [Error 5:] Access Denied exception when odrive is trying to open a file handle to those files for upload.

Do you know if they are open by any other application currently, or have some non-standard file permissions?

Hi Tony,

finally I found the difference between uploaded and no-uploaded files. Following your clues I’ve realised that no-uploaded files was marked as a read-only files. After unchecking this property, the files were uploaded with no problems.

But why a read-only file is not possible to be uploaded?

Besr Regards,
Edgar

Hi Edgar,
Read-only files should upload just fine. I just tested adding a bunch of read-only files and folders and they uploaded without issue. The error Windows was giving back was that the file couldn’t be accessed, which generally means another app has it open or is blocking access.

Are you able to reproduce the issue by setting your files back to read-only?

Hi Tony,

if I only change the properties of a file to read-only, synchronization continues working.

The issue is reproduced if, after changing file properties, I rename the folder. I’ve sent you a diagnostic.

Best Regards,
Edgar

5 posts were split to a new topic: Intermittent unexpected errors when syncing