Unable to sync - limit on rate of requests - OneDrive for Business

Hi Tony,

We are using odrive on our management Mac’s to sync with onedrive as the Original onedrive tool is not working very good. But we have been encountering the same issues as the other users, is a solution near?

Hi @ivo.legon,
We are still working with Microsoft on this, but I expect some improvement in the next few days as they make some adjustments on their end and we’ll continue to move this forward as much as we can.

We’ve worked with Microsoft to increase the limits they are imposing on odrive, We have also tweaked the integration to help with general throttling. OneDrive for Business users should see much better behavior, but please let us know if that is not the case.

I constantly get this issue when trying to view my linked OneDrive account via the web portal. I cannot sync anything. I have tried unlinking and then linking the OneDrive account but still doesn’t work.

We have SSO enabled on our Microsoft Accounts if that has any relevance.

Hi @nick.marchini,
This has been an ongoing battle with Microsoft. They have been imposing ever-tightening throttles at a global level, instead of at the user level. It is most noticeable during U.S. business hours.

We are working on another tactic for combating this and I am reaching out to them again.

The situation was improved until fairly recently, where it seems like their throttling logic may have been changed again.

Edit: We released more tweaks to combat the rate limiting

Sorry to dredge this up, but I’ve not uncovered any other recent posts on this. I’m having plenty of issues with rate limiting on OneDrive for Business here in the UK. Is Microsoft still applying this rate limiting globally to odrive?

Hi @andydvsn,
We’ve made several tweaks over the last few releases for OneDrive for Business that were helpful in combating their rate limits. They still have global limits, but they should be experienced infrequently now. They still impose user and organization limits, as well, which are fairly strict.

Can you describe your use and how quickly you are hitting a rate limit error?
Are you seeing rate limit errors right now?
Can you also send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?