Unable to sync FTP (Bluehost server)

Hi, I’m trying to sync my Bluehost web server space and keep getting the “Unable to sync…” error. I’ve read a load of other messages about FTP problems, and have tried everything with no luck. I’ve used the same settings with NetDrive and didn’t have a problem - but I prefer odrive, so want to get this working! Any suggestions? I can forward you login details via a private message.

Hi @ben.hooker,
You are receiving this message from the odrive desktop client? FTP can be a bit tricky in some cases, so there could be an incompatibility with our client and the server you are using. Can you trigger the error again and then send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?

Have you tried using SFTP as an alternative? https://my.bluehost.com/hosting/help/248 Usually SFTP has a higher success rate.

hi, thanks for your reply. i sent the report when the error triggered. …but i’ve been able to use WebDAV instead of FTP/SFTP and that seems to be working OK.

Great @ben.hooker! I usually suggest WebDAV or SFTP in favor of FTP as they are a little bit more flexible, from an odrive integration perspective. I’m glad you were able to get it working.