Unable to Open Amazon S3 Bucket with Windows Client

Thanks! Would you mind shooting over a diagnostic so we can take a look?

Yes sir, done :). Thank you very much for helping me out btw. I signed up for the Pro Sync just to see if that would improve it but sadly so far no luck. Though i’m happy to keep the Pro Sync as you guys have given me what i’ve been looking for, for years!

Perfect! I’ve passed it along to engineering for review, and will follow up as soon as they get back to me. Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

Hi There! I just wanted to let you know we kicked off an update that can be downloaded from https://www.odrive.com/download

Can you try installing that and let me know if it resolves the S3 issue you were experiencing? If not would you be so kind as to shoot off another diagnostic? Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce in house so any help we can get would be very much appreciated!

Hi @WKelley,
If the update does not resolve this, can you reproduce the issue (double-click the S3 folder) and then immediately kick off a diagnostic?

We really want to get to the bottom of this one.

I have exactly the same issue from both Windows and OSX … and I’ve tried from different network locations … so no firewall, etc. issues. I can access my Amazon S3 bucket from other software (e.g. Goodsync), no problem. Would really be nice to get this working …

Hi @Brad_Gault,
Can you produce the error you are seeing and then immediately click on “send diagnostics” from the odrive tray menu? Ping here when you have done so.

Thanks!

Diagnostics sent … thanks !

Thank you @Brad_Gault!

Hi Brad,
I haven’t forgotten about this. We are trying to see if we can gather more info on this to determine what is happening.

I’m having the same problem - is there any resolution yet? I tried without my anti-virus on and it didn’t help. Diagnostics sent…

Thanks.

Weird. I connected odrive to S3 buckets some time ago with no problems. Those still work. If I try connecting to new ones I have the same problems as listed above. Something broke…

We aren’t able to reproduce this issue (our buckets link just fine). Is this using S3 enhanced or standard?

Just to be clear, you are able to browse via the web client but not the Desktop?

Standard … (but I think I have tried both with the same result) …

oh … and yes … can browse just fine with the web client but not the desktop …

Can you provide a screenshot of the root directory from the web app? Also can you provide the bucket name being linked to? You can PM me directory if you do not want to post in here.

I am wondering if there is something strange in the listing or the bucket name that is causing issues on the desktop.

Thanks!

Bucket name is:

brad.gault

Hi folks,
After a little digging we’ve figured out this issue, at least where bucket names have periods in them. It has to do with Amazon S3’s SSL certificates. They can’t deal with a period in the bucket name, since this is how the URL is referenced and this creates the appearance of an additional subdomain, which can’t be supported by the Amazon S3 wildcard certificate.

The best way forward, right now, is to use buckets without any periods in the names.

I changed my bucket name today to one without the period (and Amazon does not allow a rename … only create a new bucket and then copy everything to it …) and all now works well …

Thanks !

1 Like