Unable to install or setup Odirve after uninstall

Haveing some issues with syncing files, Uninstalled O drive and now unable to reinstall and get Odrive to show up

Hi @mckinnk,
I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble.
Can you describe the issue you are seeing?
Is this on MacOS or Windows?
Are you getting an error?

Windows 10. I think I was syncing to the wrong Odrive account and trying to get to synt to my premioum account. Unable to find how to make changes, So I uninstalled and going to reinstall the Odrive program. Well I downloaded it and it shows up under my Programs in Start menu but when I click onit it doesnt go anywere. I also no longer have the Odrive option when I go into file file directory like I did before. It just doesnt seen to load the full program on install.

Hi @mckinnk,
Try downloading the latest version of odrive again from here: https://www.odrive.com/downloaddesktop?platform=win

If it shows “Modify Setup” select the “Repair” option. If it finishes the install/repair and you still do not see anything, try a restart of the system.

If that still doesn’t work, try this:

1. Open a command prompt (cmd)
  2. Copy and paste the following command (all one line) and hit enter:
    powershell -command " & {Stop-Process -erroraction silentlycontinue -Force -processname odriveapp; Stop-Process -erroraction silentlycontinue -Force -processname odrive; Stop-Process -erroraction silentlycontinue -Force -processname odrive; sleep 5; ren \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" \"$HOME\.odrive\bin_bak\";del \"$HOME\.odrive\version\";Start-Process -NoNewWindow \"$env:programfiles\odrive\odrive.exe\";sleep 20;cd \"$HOME\.odrive\"; del -recurse -Force \"bin_bak\"}"

Well I finally got it all working again. After trying all your suggestions above I got an error message. I tested and same, unistall, etc. I rebooted, then run the install and that time seemed to work. I got it partially back then had to go into each google drive and do a sync and they started to slowly come over.

Thanks for the hlep.
mckinnk

Hi @mckinnk,
I’m glad to hear you got things working again!

Do you happen to have any details on the error that you received before rebooting? I just want to know what we can do to prevent it next time.

I never really got any additional error messages. Just decided to try reboot again and it came back and then I had to resync all the different google drives I was syncing. Believe me I wish I had more to tell you. Until retirement I worked with electronic equipment and always hated when I didn’t know what fixed an issue I was having, yet I was relieved it was fixed.

Thanks @mckinnk! I know what you mean about wanting to get to the root cause of the issue. Just let us know if you hit that issue again.