Unable to get odrive to sync a OneDrive folder

I have a folder called “Personal” on my Mac that lives under OneDrive (/Users/me/OneDrive/Personal). OneDrive syncs this folder to my corporate OneDrive account. I need this same folder to also be synced to my personal OneDrive account.

The right-click odrive options for the Personal folder do not show up - there is no “Sync to odrive” for this folder. The same is true for all folders under the OneDrive folder. How can I get around this?

Hi @vbolinius,
It could be that there is a OneDrive-installed Finder extension that is interfering with odrive. Do you see any OneDrive options when you right-click on those folders?

If so, you could try toggling the enabled Finder extensions in System Preferences → Extensions. A Finder relaunch may also be needed (hold down the “option” button and right-click on the Finder icon in the Dock and select “Relaunch”).

If you do end-up targeting a folder in OneDrive, you will want to make sure that folder is fully downloaded to your local machine (“Always Keep on This Device”), so that odrive can properly access and upload the files in there.

Hi @Tony . Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, toggling the Finder extensions didn’t work - I still don’t see the odrive options in any of the folders under OneDrive. There must be some way to do this; I’m sure that I’ve configured it in the past on other laptops. FYI, I’m running Monterey.

Hi @vbolinius,
That is strange. I am running Monterey and have the “Sync to odrive” and “Backup to odrive” menu options inside OneDrive. Did you try disabling the OneDrive extension, keeping the odrive extension enabled, and relaunching Finder?

In any case, you can also create a Sync to odrive mapping using the CLI in the following way on Mac:

1. Open up a terminal session
  2. Use the command:
    python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py mount /Users/me/OneDrive/Personal /OneDrive/Personal

The $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py part is a way to get the proper path to the odrive.py regardless of the version folder under bin

In the example above, /Users/me/OneDrive/Personal is the local folder path and /OneDrive/Personal is the remote folder path (as it exists in your odrive account).

You can use:
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py mount --help
to list the help information about the mount command.

Hi Tony! The CLI commands worked like a charm - thank you!

1 Like