Uclibc support for Agent ARM build

Hello,

Could you please compile a binary compatible with ARMv7?

Thank you!

cat /proc/cpuinfo|grep ARM
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)

Hi @javierpz,
The rpi builds should be compatible. Have you tried them?

Hello @Tony ,

The problem is that is dynamically linked:

file odrive
odrive: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 2.6.26, BuildID[sha1]=eb09ee0811988dc6c025fdb96f2129c1f771378e, not stripped

There’s no /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 on my device.

I also tried other binaries successully, but they are always statically linked

file XXXXXX
XXXXXX: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), statically linked, stripped

Could you please build a statically linked binary?

Thank you!

Sorry, I forgot to mention my device. My device is a Router TP-Link Archer C9 with the latest version of DD-WRT.

So I think all devices (routers) with this OS will have the same problem.

Thank you!

Hi @javierpz,
Currently the ARM builds are built agains glibc. Unfortunately it looks like DD-WRT uses uclibc. There doesn’t seem to be a good way to statically compile glibc in, at least not without a ton of work and lots of potential side-effects.

I have moved this over to feature requests to see how much demand there would be for this type of build, so we can determine prioritization for this.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi Tony,

Ok, I understand.

It may be also interesting for you in order to increase the compatibility with more devices. Most apps that I have running with dd-wrt works also with all versions of rpi and other embedded systems with ARMv7, with the same binaries.

If someday you decide to do it, please let me know it, I can do tests for you.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I will definitely do that @javierpz!