Two problems of mac client

Hi,

I’m using odrive on both windows and mac. The windows version works great. However, I found two circumstances under which the mac client is unavailable:

1. Mac client is not working with my Owncloud server (Owncloud 9 newest version, connected by webdav). The odrive web client and windows client work fine. I have some clues of this, it was working until I changed my server 's tls-cipher-suit to the nginx-modern set in mozilla wiki page (ref: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Server_Side_TLS). Therefore I guess maybe the cipher library of odrive mac client is out of date?

2. Mac client failed upload files to Onedrive bussiness. Ordinary Onedrive doesn’t share this problem. Web and windows clients are good.

Thank you!

Hi,
Can you reproduce the 2 issues again and then send a diagnostic immediately after from the odrive tray menu? I will see if there is anything I can identify from that.

Thanks!

Hi,

The diagnostic was sent.

Thank you!

Hi,
For #1, it doesn’t appear to be an SSL-related issue. I actually only see one error in the diagnostic fro WebDAV and it is a “Connection reset by peer”, which means the server is closing the connection. You may be able to get more info from the nginx logs so take a look at those and let me know if you see anything.

For #2, I see a recurring exception for “OneDrive For Business/01-1812 Overture, Op. 49.aif”. Unfortunately the error OneDrive is returning is: “An unspecified error has occurred.” Which doesn’t give us any reason as to why OD4B is rejecting it. Try renaming that file to a simple name and see if it syncs successfully.

Hi,

For #1, I haven’t see any suspicious error on my server side. Besides, everything except odrive mac client works fine with my server (includes odrive web/windows clients, owncloud windows/mac/android clients, owncloud web interface). You didn’t see any thing useful in my previous diagnostic may be because I deleted my owncloud account from odrive few days ago. I have sent you another diagnositc, hope that will help.

For 2#, It turns out that the comma in file name leads to this problem.

BTW: I have a suggestion. Every time I delete or rename a file in the middle of transmission, a temp file will leave on my cloud storage. It’s better if the temp file can be deleted automatically.

Thank you!

Hi,
Thanks for the additional diagnostic. I see the same errors when you are trying to access the OwnCloud:
‘Connection aborted.’, error(54, ‘Connection reset by peer’)

Would you be able to PM me creds for a test account that I can try on my own systems? I might be able to better diagnose that way.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, the information of a test account has been created and sent to you.

Thank you!

HI @Tony ,

Is there any progress on this?

Thank you!

I missed this previously, but I will take a look today.

For the benefit of others, this was continued in PM. There is a potential fix that I am investigating.

New release is out which should address the first issue with Owncloud: