Totally confused with ODrive free/paid

I used ODrive to sync 20000 images to Amazon Cloud and my reading of the free v paid version is that this synchronisation should continue after the 7 initial full version expires.

I notice tonight that no files anywhere show as being sync’d with Amazon now and it seems that anything I try to do with ODrive now requires me to upgrade the the paid version.

So a simple question w what can I do after the initial full version of the product has reverted to the free version? At the moment it doesn’t seem that I can do anything.

Hi @w.iain.morrison,

Standard odrive behavior is to sync anything within the odrive folder. By default, the odrive folder is inside your user home directory. Inside the odrive folder you will find any storage that you have linked. Drop a file inside one of those storage folders and it will be synced to the cloud automatically.

We also have a Premium feature that will allow you to sync any of your local folders outside of the odrive folder to any location in your linked storage. This is the “sync to odrive” feature.

Here are a couple of relevant sections in our usage guide about these features:

It sounds like you may have been using the latter feature, “sync to odrive”, which will stop functioning after the trial expires if you do not opt to continue with the Premium subscription. Can you confirm this?

Thanks!

I have solved my problem with odrive , the confusing documentation and the high price - I can get Adobe CC versions of Photoshop and Lightroom for less per month than you want for this programme.

You really should look at how you advertise this program and the documentation, going by your forum the most common questions seem to relate to the differences between version.

I have uninstalled the program, and will advise people to this effect when they ask me how it went.

Hi,
I’m sorry you ran into trouble. We would definitely like to help and I would really like to understand where the issue was so that we can at least better support users in the future. Would you care to share?

As an aside, I believe Adobe’s cost for Photoshop and Lightroom is $120/year vs our $99/year, although they are two different programs for different purposes and can’t really be compared anyway. Perhaps you are speaking of a discount?

I too am confused. I setup all my folders for auto sync where my Documents, Pictures…etc are located on a different drive. Im still after the free premium am still in the process of syncing files as ive got a bunch of videos. Now im on the free product and trying to figure out how to sync files outside of the Odrive folder. Am I right in understanding there is no way to do this unless I move my files from my systems harddrive to this folder? Really dont want to do that and to even consider paying what I agree is a bit much every single year want to try the program out after the free premium version has expired.

Hi @packofwolves,
“Sync to odrive” (which allows you to sync folders outside of the default odrive folder) is a Premium feature. We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, full refund if you cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchase. This means you can effectively trial for an additional 30 days after the initial trial has expired, if you need some additional time to figure out if odrive is right for you.