"There is already an item with that name."

Hi, I turned off my machine yesterday, everything synced to OneDrive for Business, I turned it on today and got “There is already an item with that name.” error on seven files in not_allowed. I don’t think I’ve done anything different from the practice of the last several weeks. The files haven’t even changed, they are not symlinks, filenames are simple and have worked fine before:
$ odrive status --not_allowed
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/mail/semi - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/mindenfele/doki.txt - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/mail/prsts - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/telefkonyv/google.csv - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/.a4t/2read.txt - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/titok_mail/Uakab89NviRk087WoOq0syjB - There is already an item with that name.
/home/xxx/odrive/OneDrive For Business/odrivesync/.a4t/2read.pkl - There is already an item with that name.

$ odrive status
odrive Make Cloud Storage THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

isActivated: True hasSession: True
email: accountType: OneDriveForBusiness
syncEnabled: True version: prod 916
placeholderThreshold: neverDownload autoUnsyncThreshold: never
downloadThrottlingThreshold: unlimited uploadThrottlingThreshold: normal
autoTrashThreshold: never Mounts: 1
xlThreshold: never Backups: 0

Sync Requests: 0
Background Requests: 0
Uploads: 0
Downloads: 0
Trash: 1
Waiting: 0
Not Allowed: 7

UPDATE: While I was writing this it went down to one file only, this took at least half an hour. Maybe it will resolve itself in the next minutes. :slight_smile:

Hi @m.balazs,
Are you still seeing this issue?

This can happen if there are exceptions during upload, but the file actually makes it up to the remote storage. odrive ends up thinking the file didn’t make it, because it was told it didn’t. It tries to upload it again and then the remote storage says “I already have that file”. It should generally resolve out, eventually. If it doesn’t, moving the file out and then back in should also do the trick.

Thank you Tony. The problem disappeared after a few hours.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the follow-up.