Syng GDrive to multiple drives

I need to sync data that’s in GDrive to my computer but none of my drives is large enough to hold all of the data at once.
Is it possible to have odrive sync to multiple drives (like to 2 external drives) so I can have all of the data available?

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @mac25,
You can use the “sync to odrive” feature to sync specific folders within your Google Drive to different local folders.

If you did this, you may want to reorganize your top-level Google Drive folders so that there are only a handful of folders at the very top, so you don’t have to create a ton of “sync to odrive” mappings.

The process would work like this:

1. Create a new, empty local folder with the same name as a folder in Google Drive you want to sync. For example, let’s say you have a Google Drive\Folder_A folder. You would create a new local folder, like F:\Folder_A.
  2. Right click on F:\Folder_A and select “sync to odrive”
  3. In the browser pop-up, navigate to Google Drive\Folder_A to select it as the destination.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each folder in Google Drive that you want to sync (Folder_B, Folder_C, etc…).
1 Like

If you always use the drives together, you can format both in RAID 0 so you get all the size in one logical volume.