Syncing message error

Hello a user is getting a message: There are items that have been unsable to sync a prolonged period of time. Please check the ‘‘Waiting’’ list in the odrive tray menu for more information. Can you please guide me regarding this situation ASAP TY

Hi @sharyn.simpson,
The message the user is receiving indicates that odrive has encountered items that, for some reason, cannot be synced. These items are placed in a “Waiting” state, which means odrive will attempt to sync them again, but has so far been unsuccessful for an extended period. To address this issue, follow these steps:

1. Open the odrive Tray Menu: Access the odrive tray menu by clicking on the odrive icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). This is where odrive displays its current status and provides access to various actions and settings.
  2. Check the ‘Waiting’ List: In the odrive tray menu, look for the option that mentions “Waiting”. This list shows the files and folders that odrive is trying to sync but hasn’t been able to. Clicking on the items will pop-up a message that should state why the item is stuck in a “Waiting” state. The reasons for this could vary, including network issues, permissions, rate limits, etc…
  3. Check the “sync activity log”: This will show all of the sync activity. You should see recent log entries at the bottom of the log that mention the waiting items.
  4. Send a Diagnostic if Issues Persist: If, after taking these steps, the problem persists send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu. This will provide the odrive support team with detailed information about your setup and the issues you’re encountering, allowing them to assist you more effectively. To send a diagnostic, right-click on the odrive tray icon, select “Send Diagnostics” and follow the prompts. Please let me know when the diagnostic has been sent, so I know to look for it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Items unsyncing prior to selected interval