Syncing & downloading all files and folders in one go

Hi there,

I have just started using Odrive including Pro sync.

I have the set-up that I work from a laptop with an 8T external drive attached to it (from my art studio), and I have an iMac at home with also an 8T external drive attached to it. I have placed the odrives on both the external drives. And they are syncing the respective folders and files from each drive to my respective Google Drives (two different ones) and one Amazon Photo cloud Drive.

As far as I can see the syncing is working (a lot to upload - so will need to check again tomorrow morning).
Now the one thing I can’t seem to figure out - is there a way in which I can download all the files uploaded in “one go”? The files that have been uploaded from the drive at the studio - I want to download them all to the drive at home (and vice versa), as I want to have all my files natively there and use odrive to facilitate the online back-up syncing to all my cloud services. And keep everything in sync that way.

At the moment the only way I can see this works is by clicking on all the folders and files individually to get them to sync and download, and with at least 4TB of files on each drive that’s an impossibly large job and super manual ;-). But the set-up I want is that all the files are on each external harddrive natively.

Is there a way to select all the .cloudf folders on an external drive and click “download all” or any other bulk method someone can suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you tried to right-click sync the folder with all the new files? You can bulk download all the files without having to manually open them.

There is also a feature coming that will let you save folder sync preferences.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for this. I tried the right click in the beginning of the process and it didn’t seem to do anything in terms of downloading - now I’m still uploading so I guess I need to try again after everything has finished uploading. That new feature that you mention is coming sounds great, and I suspect that’s exactly what I’ll need for ongoing file management. Thanks for your quick response!