Update: Issue seems to have been related to fact that certain folders (non-odrive related) under my User directory were set to Hidden. After unhiding everything, the sync seems to be working fine.
Hello everyone, new odrive user trying to setup for the first time. I’m running into some issues with he desktop client and was hoping for some help.
Here’s what I’ve done so far.
- Setup odrive account
- Linked Google Drive via web client
- Downloaded odrive desktop client (Windows 10 Pro, Build 18362)
- Installed odrive desktop client
Here are the issues I’m running into
- The desktop client does not show any of my synced folders
- The only files in the odrive folder are odrive_user_general_conf and odrive_user_premium_conf - nothing else
- In the taskbar menu for odrive, the Open odrive folder option says [missing] next to it. When I click it, a window saying “Invalid odrive folder - odrive could not be synced” pops up and allows me to change the folder’s location. When I do so, nothing happens and it still shows as [missing].
- odrive seems to be creating multiple instances of the program (Welcome to odrive window will randomly popup, sometimes have 2-3 odriveapp processes running in the background)
- Minor issue: when I attempt to log into odrive on the web client using my Google account, I have to re-authorize access each time
- Minor issue: the “Welcome to odrive” popup appears twice when I setup the desktop client
Here’s what I’ve tried
- Uninstalling Drive & Dropbox and moving the folders somewhere besides my user directory
- Uninstalling odrive, restarting PC, and reinstalling odrive (done twice already)
- Removing odrive’s access to my Google account and re-adding it
- Relogging on the desktop client (by deauthorizing the user and by using the repair tool on the installer)