Sync with Google causes odrive to freeze and icons to flicker on/off

Hello Tony, I’m having a similar issue, but with Google Drive. I have sent your team the diagnostic report, but essentially, odrive is not downloading everything and I either need to move onto another potential solution or see if this will work. With that said, I do NOT want to download everything in Google Drive, but rather everything in a root folder called “09_Projects”

MyDrive >> 09_Projects

Can you help me with a similar CLI script so I can get everything downloaded?

Also, please review this link for a similar issue I saw.
https://forum.odrive.com/t/keep-content-on-local-drive-and-in-the-cloud-with-free-odrive/1707/18

Lastly, is there file naming conventions that I should shy away from? Special charachters that won’t sync?

Thank you!

PS: I’m on a MAC Computer – NEW

Hi @matt3,
1.5Tb is a lot to download. It is likely that you could be hitting some exceptions when downloading that are aborting the bulk action (most likely rate limit exceptions, since it is Google Drive).

With regards to the other thread, a corresponding script that should work for you is:

exec 6>&1;num_procs=4;output="go"; while [ "$output" ]; do output=$(find "$HOME/odrive/Google Drive/09_Projects" -name "*.cloud*" -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -P $num_procs python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py sync | tee /dev/fd/6); done

The “$HOME/odrive/Google Drive/09_Projects” is the important piece to look at there. I am assuming that the path to this folder on your system in on the default odrive folder under Google Drive/09_Projects.