I’m trying to figure out a solution for the following:
- My MacBook has a 500GB SSD.
- I’ve a 8TB Pegasus Thunderbolt DAS.
- The DAS is obviously only attached some of the time (when my laptop is docked).
- Odrive’s ‘root’ is set to ~/.local/sync.
- I typically sync specific folders from odrive, then symlink them into place.
I have some huge folders that I would like to sync, but do not have enough space on my SSD. I would like to sync them onto the external drive.
I found that if I navigate to the external drive, I can go to a folder, right click it, then set it to sync - and select a location from one of my services (dropbox, amazon, gdrive, etc). However, I can’t figure out how to do the reverse workflow: select a folder that’s already stored in one of the services and sync it to a local folder from the cloud. So it looks like what I want to do is possible, but I have no idea how to make it happen.
My second concern (assuming this is possible) is that since I will sometimes be operating without the external drive attached, what will happen? Will odrive see the directory missing and simply pause the sync then resume once it’s attached again? Or could it possibly do something less desirable, like delete all the files from the cloud since they’re no longer present locally?