Sync this file to external storage

I installed odrive on my windows(SSD) and I have a 1TB External Storage(HD), my question is: How can I say to odrive to download a folder in One Drive to be downloaded on my External Storage?

Hi @bernardocosta122,
We have a feature called “sync to odrive” that allows you to map and external folder to a remote location, like your OneDrive account. Take a look at our documentation here for more details: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/manage-sync#section-syncing-external-storage

1 Like

The “sync to odrive” feature currently uploads external storage to a storage account like One Drive, but I want to download from my One Drive account to my External Storage directly, without downloading it to my SSD and later move to my External Storage.

Hi @bernardocosta122,
It actually does both.

Here is an example how you can do it for your OneDrive:

1. Create a new folder on your external drive named “OneDrive” (You will want to name this folder the same name as your OneDrive link name. Default is “OneDrive”, but you may have changed it).
  2. Right-click on the new folder on your external drive and select “sync to odrive”
  3. Select your OneDrive folder as the destination

This will create a link between the two folders. The contents of your remote OneDrive folder will now show up inside the local folder and you can download what you need.

1 Like

Thank you so much Tony!

1 Like