Sync stuck at 100%

Hi,

For some reason odrive is “stuck” at 100% when syncing one file. The file is about 720 MB. It turns out that I have 3 copies of the same file, unfortunately. 2 are on my work Google Drive, and 1 is on my personal Google Drive. Since odrive doesn’t offer a way to show which version of the file is the file that it is “stuck” on since there is no way to see the path of the file in the sync queue. (This really should be a feature- I like the odrive is minimalist, but this takes odrive out of “minimalist” and into “bare-bones”. )

Anyway, I sent a diagnostic report in about 5 minutes ago so hopefully you can at least tell me which version it is spinning on. Also, it would be good to know if the file transfer is actually complete, if it is using bandwidth while it spins, and whether the file will be deleted and resync if I cancel.

Clearly I need to delete at least on copy of the file as there is no need to have 2 on the same cloud store.

The file is named “XenServer-7.2.0-install.tgz”.

Thanks,
@DarfNader

Hi @DarfNader,
The active file is at Drive_-_Rocket_Lawyer/XenServer-7.2.0-install.tgz.

It looks like its having trouble because the Google Drive that folder points to is out of storage. Can you double-check that?

For cases like this, you can sometimes use the CLI to get some better visibility:

1. Open a terminal session (type “terminal” in Spotlight search):

2. Copy and paste the following command into the terminal and hit enter:
    python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status

This will return a summary of odrive status. To get more detailed you can add parameters to the status command like this:
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status --uploads
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status --downloads
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status --waiting
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status --trash
python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py status --not_allowed

Ah, I didn’t even know there were python scripts like that… that definitely will help be less “needy”. Yes, space on that Google Drive would definitely be a problem.

Going forward, I will try these tools first. Thanks for that!

Thanks @Tony!

1 Like