Sync All - Is it part of free or premium?

Hey, I want to know if Sync All - option without progressive sync, is part of free or premium option?

Hi @key,

Sync with option to include sub-folders is available to all users, which will recursively sync all your files and sub-folders in a desired parent folder. However, “Save and apply to new files and folders” option is only available to premium users.

Please learn more about it here:

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks,
Asif

Why means in free version, the drive becomes static to a particular date unless you keep clicking the sync button option everytime you want it to sync…right?

Sorry, I really didn’t get what is meant by becoming static. odrive app automatically syncs user changes between his desktop and storage, regardless of the subscription plan. This feature is available for all users.

Progressive sync or placeholder files is the way odrive app is currently designed to accommodate majority of the users needs and requirements.

As far as I have understood, you want to have all your files in synced state automatically, means fully downloaded and ready for view or make changes? if so then yes you have to right-click --> sync (include sub-folders) against your main storage link folder listed in root of odrive folder time to time or you can double click to sync individual files or expand placeholder folders.

By default, new files / folders will list as placeholders, occupying 0KB space in your hard drive, but ready for sync, progressively.

Thanks,
Asif

Gotcha.

if so then yes you have to right-click --> sync (include
sub-folders) against your main storage link folder listed in root of
odrive folder

– This is what I want to avoid if possible instead of me manually doing it. I want it to feel like a normal google drive or dropbox where it just syncs everytime automatically.

So in short, thats possible only in paid plan. hmm. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi @key,
That is correct. If you want to continuously sync everything down, all the time, automatically, then that would require folder sync rules which is the “Save and apply to new files and folders” feature in Premium.