Sync All for users with screenreaders (for users with visual impairment / blindness)

Hello,
I just got a new computer and am configuring it with Odrive. This inf file is not working though and I’m not sure how to get the error message. When I hit enter on the item in the applications menu, a window shows for a split second, then closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing seems to work. It works on my other windows 10 computer, so I’m not sure what is going on.
When I install the inf file, I don’t get any feedback, just a window asking for permission to install.
Thanks,

Hi @brandonkeithbiggs,
The command in the first post has some incorrect formatting. It may have been a forum update that changed the behavior of that text rendering. If you copy and paste the updated text to a command prompt, it should install properly and things should work.

Can you give that a shot?

I will, but I was wanting the app you created that is in the applications menu that you get with the inf file from:

From what I understand, the script just adds an option to the send to menu.

Hi @brandonkeithbiggs,
The install script above actually installs the pieces needed to make this work (custom sync script and the odrive cli). So you will need to run that and then install the inf, which creates the context menu option. I updated the instructions to make that more clear.

This worked great thanks!

1 Like

Now I have another problem:
In one of my NodeJS repositories (a rather small one actually), when I go to sink it, windows powershell stops working after 30 minutes or so. I am also not really able to read the progress for some reason.
Another problem is that while the folder is sinking, we can’t focus the powershell window to check how things are going. So I don’t know if everything has been sinked, especially in my node_modules folder.

BTW, how is the new design of Odrive coming along? This problem would be fixed if I could access the normal sink screen.
Thanks,

Hi @brandonkeithbiggs,
I updated the script to be a bit more responsive and to scroll the text properly. You can run the same command at the top and it will pull the new version.

The new software is coming along. We are nearing preview/beta stage.

The problem is that when I move to another window with alt+tab, then I can’t refocus the shell script until it is finished. It is still like this.

Hi @brandonkeithbiggs,
You should be able to, but its not very smooth. The script is single thread, so you can’t do anything with the window while its in the middle of a file sync. If you click and hold (without letting go) on the windows until the current sync is done, it should regain focus.

OK, thanks. What I do is alt+tab to the Odrive Sink window, then tab and it focuses. Then I read the output with object review. This seems to work.
I can’t wait until I can exclude my node_modules folders from Odrive, this little create-react-app folder has been sinking for 2 days and it’s still not done! It would take literally 5 minutes to download with NPM, or around the same if I copied and pasted it from my old computer.
Thanks,

1 Like