Sync Agent RPI Urllib3-Error

Hi,
I’ve tried to install odrive Sync Agent on my Raspberry Pi3, but odrive agent isn’t running.
As OS I use Raspian in the latest version.

Urllib3 is installed, Python and Python3, too.

This is the Error:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ $HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent
ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib”, line 147, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib”, line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib”, line 147, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib”, line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
File “”, line 12, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py”, line 270, in load_module
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.datastructure”, line 8, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py”, line 270, in load_module
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.Utility”, line 9, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests”, line 58, in

File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.utils”, line 26, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.compat”, line 7, in
File “/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.packages”, line 29, in
ImportError: No module named urllib3

What can I do? Where’s the mistake?
Thank you for your help.

Hi @holzwarth.film,
This is odd. The odrive binaries have all of the libraries needed, built-in, so it doesn’t require any external libs. It sounds like there may be an environment configuration on the system that is affecting the imports somehow.

How you tried running as root or as a different user?

When I run the install on my RPi - I get the following output:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ od=“$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin” && curl -L “https://dl.odrive.com/odrive-py” --create-dirs -o “$od/odrive.py” && curl -L “https://dl.odrive.com/odriveagent-rpi” | tar -xvzf- -C “$od/” && curl -L “https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-rpi” | tar -xvzf- -C “$od/”
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0
100 51757 100 51757 0 0 50743 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:–:-- 106k
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0odriveagent
100 9693k 100 9693k 0 0 1252k 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:–:-- 1478k
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0odrive
100 5353k 100 5353k 0 0 1040k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:–:-- 1165k

When I then go to run the odrive Sync Agent with the following command:

I then utilize the language to run the odrive Sync Agent in the background, and when I input the status code, I get the following:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive” status
You must have odrive agent or desktop running before using this script.

I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong here… Any thoughts?

Hi @kevinkluckhohn,
Can you try running the agent in the foreground so we can see if it is running properly? You can create a second ssh session to interact with it from the CLI, until we figure out what might be happening.

Basically just remove the nohup and output redirection:
"$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent"

I am unable to run the agent on my PI 3. When I load the agent in the foreground, I get this error:

pi@raspberrypi:~$ .odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent
ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 147, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 147, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py", line 270, in load_module
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.datastructure", line 8, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py", line 270, in load_module
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.Utility", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests", line 58, in <module>

File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.utils", line 26, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.compat", line 7, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.packages", line 29, in <module>
ImportError: No module named urllib3

I also tried pip install urllib3 but that didn’t help

Hi @holzwarth.film and @jedhassell,
Can you try this version of the agent? It is an older version, but I want to see if it behaves differently on your systems, or if you get the same result.

@Tony I get the same result with that binary

@Tony same here, nothing has changed

There must be something unexpected with Raspian’s environment. I will need to find some time to put Raspian on a pi3 to see what’s up there. I believe this was working on earlier Raspian versions.

@Tony Ok. Let me know if there’s anyway I can help. I’m pretty excited to have this feature.

It looks like it’s trying to call some Continuous Integration tests or something.

@Tony Any updates on this? Can you send me an older version of odrive sync that worked on Raspian and I can try that?

Hi @jedhassell,
The version I posted above was actually the one working previously. I have my hands on a RaspberryPi 3 and plan to do some testing with it this week to determine where the import packaging is failing. Apologies for the delay.

Hi @Tony,

Any luck on getting this working?

Hi @jedhassell,
My apologies. I just started looking at this yesterday after being able to clear a bunch of stuff off my list. I don’t have any updates to provide, but I will be looking more at it today and tomorrow.

Are there any updates on this? I get the same error and actually wasn’t even able to find this page by googling the “you have to run …” error. Is it not indexed?

I’m trying to install this on a Raspberry Pi. After
nohup "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent" > /dev/null 2>&1
I get no output at all. If I instead enter
nohup "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent">/dev/null&
I get an output like
[1] 1829
, with an increasing number.
But after both of these, when I enter
python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" authenticate <CODE>
or
"$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive" status
, I get the output
You must have odrive agent or desktop running before using this script.
When I try to execute the scripts directly from the file explorer, the console opens and closes quickly afterwards. How do I get ODrive to keep running?

Hi @fabianroeling,
I haven’t been able to produce a build that works properly, yet. My apologies. I think the automated build process for this version needs to be overhauled. I am waiting for some resources to free up to do this.

What are the chances of open sourcing the PI version?