Split Large Files

The way this is implemented is complete non-sense. Why don’t you just upload chunks and consolidate to the first chunk when uploaded? Don’t keep them split. I’m using this as a backup sync to Amazon Drive. If I ever need to have an immediate restore of a certain file without odrive, I can’t. I also need this “chunk’d” upload for my crappy Transmit speed,

Feature Request: Change from split large files to chunk’d uploads. This makes more sense.

Also… can you guys throw something in that I can actually recombine files while they’re in the cloud? My entire movie collection is up there… and it’d be painful to make a copy of every single damn one. Thanks.

(Will buy if added).

The Amazon Drive API does not support resuming uploads or breaking files into multiple, independent chunks for upload.

1 Like

What about S3? Maybe that’s a better choice to use here then. Sucks. Guess I’ll have to wait until I move to re-upload this stuff.

S3 is very flexible, but the economics and usability are not as good as Amazon Drive :frowning:

1 Like

In our blog post on IFS, there are a couple of scripts that can be used to reassemble IFS files without odrive, if needed.
https://medium.odrive.com/cloud-upload-was-a-struggle-until-today-bb267cb5566e

One of the primary reasons we created IFS is because Amazon Drive does not support chunked upload/upload resume. I am hoping that they will in the future, but until then we have given users a way to get their large stuff up to Amazon Drive.

1 Like