Running CLI tool in Linux

It looks like it is ripping now: This is the way this should work out of the box… This is light years better than before.

The only thing I see is when the files are processing I see remaining (4%) etc
Is that because its moving so fast it doesn’t get to 100 and moves on

Also if the system crashes or something happens and I have to run the command again will the system just pick up were it left off ?

Also how much fast can you tweak that script to get more speed ?

BTW Thank you for the help !

Hi @damianhenry,

Yeah for smaller files it is likely going too fast to show the full progression. You can tail the main log to see the sync actions:
tail -F "$HOME/.odrive-agent/log/main.log"

Yes

You can increase the num_procs=4 to num_procs=6 or num_procs=8, for example. The risk will be that Amazon will start to throw rate limit errors and they can get progressively worse if you continue after they start, so I would say to increase gradually and be on the look-out for any errors they start throwing.

I think I will just leave it be its blazing fast…

I am sure you know this but there are may companies who are facilitating the transfer of data from Amazon to various new storage companies. aka Wasabi. Many of them are charging big money to handle this transfer. This tool would be a great solution to a growing market.

I tired so many tools on maxOS, and Windows and I just kept getting errors and slow downloads. This tool just keeps jugging along. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear things are looking good now!

I appreciate the patience on this and the feedback. I have been wanting to create some “simple-ish” scripts/utilities to aid folks with migration from one storage to another (handle the download from one and upload to another automatically), but I haven’t had a chance to focus on it yet, unfortunately.

So how can I set this up to to backups all the time. I want to setup my folders local and remote and have it sync at all times. I want the process to start when I start my computer.

Do I need to purchase the software to do these things ?

Hi @damianhenry,
You can run odriveagent automatically a few different ways. There was a post here where someone used what looked like a simple solution on Mint:

Other options would be to create a systemd service, which is a bit more involved.

When odriveagent is running, it will automatically upload items that it find during its routine local scans.

For downloads, you could add a cron job (crontab -e) to run periodically to recursively download any files it finds, setup like this (will run every hour):
0 * * * * "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive" sync "/media/bob/MAGA/odrive-agent-mount/Amazon Drive" --recursive

The above stuff doesn’t require a Premium subscription.

Tony I am seeing downloads like the following: I had to restart the script

Hi @damianhenry,
Are you seeing the downloads hang? The multiple progress counting up is expected for larger files.

What were you seeing when tailing the main.log?

This is what I see: The files that are listed here show up in the main.log

But most just say remaining

Hi @damianhenry,
I don’t understand the issue you are seeing. Can you provide more details? The remaining percentages indicate that odrive is busy syncing large files (what looks like a few of them).

The first number (like 1.8GB), indicates how much of the file is left to be downloaded. The percentage indicates the percentage complete that file is. Usually you would only see one of these status listed at a time, so it makes more sense. Since you are running multiple threads, the status are all coming at the same time, so you can’t really tell which belongs to which file.

If you want to get some additional information about what odrive is currently working on, you can use the status commands.

Here is a good one-liner you can run in another terminal window to monitor the sync activity. Just copy, paste, and hit enter:
watch -n 5 'date && ~/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive status --sync_requests && ~/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive status --downloads && ~/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive status --uploads && ~/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive status --background && tail ~/.odrive-agent/log/main.log'

No erros just curious if its suppose to look like the above.

1 Like

Yeah, the status from the script can be confusing as you have more concurrent processes. The little script I posted above will give you a much better view of what odrive is doing, so give that a shot.

So now everytime I try to run the threaded or non threaded script I get nothing.

You have made too many requests recently and hit this limit. Please wait a few minutes before making additional requests to Amazon Cloud Drive.

I waited 8 Hours and nothing

Hi @damianhenry,
Can you reproduce that error message and then use the diagnostics command to send a diagnostic, so I can take a look.

Can you also post a screenshot of the terminal when you get the error?

Unfortunately, if Amazon is preventing API calls, there isn’t anything we can do, although I don’t think I have heard of them cutting off requests, completely.

Are you able to browse Amazon Drive from the webclient? (https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive)

I am able to browser from web client

I did move from 4 threads to 6 and than 8

Hi @damianhenry,
Taking a look at the logs it looks like they are limiting downloads, but not other API calls (folder refreshes and expands are working, for example). It is possible you hit some sort of hard limit for number of downloads within a certain period of time, which means the only thing you can probably do is wait it out.

Out of curiosity, are you able to download a file from the odrive web client?

I cant download from anything and when I go to amazon all of my files are broken.

I am on the phone with them now. They will take my photos anytime of the day but when you need data they play these games… One of the reasons I want off Amazon.

Hey @damianhenry,
I went and looked back at some previous support issues and there actually have been some instances of this in the past (It hadn’t been reported for quite a while, so I had forgotten). It basically ended up being a “soft” ban and lasted 24-48 hours. Amazon support may end up telling you the same thing.