Right-click won't work on odrive icon in icon tray (Windows 10 Anniversary)

facepalm you’re right.

Ok, thank you. I’ll try that out!

1 Like

I tried the last command as I decided against shutting down odrive (restarting it technically fixes it, until at some point it breaks). It says that it’s still uploading, so it must be working.

Thanks for the update.

How did you re-enable sync without access to the odrive tray menu?

In other words, what I did was:

1. (didn’t stop sync) noticed that the notification tray icon was unresponsive
  2. Used the last command that you have (that refreshes every 10 seconds).
  3. Noticed that files were still uploading

Thanks for the update. If you get a chance, let me know if the menu behaves normally after things settle.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problem unsyncing files and folders

Having same problem. When I right click the odrive icon in the icon tray, nothing happens. When I click on the odrive app in Windows 10, nothing happens. The app is still syncing, and I can right click on a folder and initiate sync. I am just unable to access any odrive options like change location, etc.

Hi @REG,
Are you currently performing a bulk operation like upload?

What do you see when you run the commands in this post?

Excuse my ignorance if I did this wrong. I went to the C:\ and executed the command. Here is what was returned after executing the second command, the first command to download the odrive CLI for windows did not respond with anything. No, odrive is not performing any updates.

C:>powershell -command “& {$comm_bin=”$HOME.odrive\common\bin";$o_cli_bin="$comm_bin\odrive.exe";$(& “$o_cli_bin” status);}"
& : The term ‘C:\Users\Ronald.odrive\common\bin\odrive.exe’ is not recognized
as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is
correct and try again.
At line:1 char:79

• … ommon\bin";$o_cli_bin="$comm_bin\odrive.exe";$(& “$o_cli_bin” status) …
  •                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Users\Ronald…\bin\odrive.e
      xe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

C:>

Yes, it is consuming CPU in the task manager.

Hi,
It looks like it wasn’t downloaded properly for some reason. Can you try this command? It will output a little more info while it does its thing:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";echo \"Downloading CLI\";(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile(\"https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-win\", \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\");$shl=new-object -com shell.application;echo \"Extracting CLI\";$shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\").copyhere($shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\oc.zip\").items(),0x10);del \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\";echo \"Done!\";ls \"$comm_bin\";}"

Then you would run this again:
powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" status);}"

Also, not running anniversary edition, just running version 1511 build 10586.589

Here are the results:

C:>powershell -command “& {$comm_bin=”$HOME.odrive\common\bin";$o_cli_bin="$comm_bin\odrive.exe";echo “Downloading CLI”;(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile(“https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-win”, “$comm_bin\oc.zip”);$shl=new-object -com shell.application;echo “Extracting CLI”;$shl.namespace("$comm_bin").copyhere($shl.namespace("$comm_bin\oc.zip").items(),0x10);del “$comm_bin\oc.zip”;echo “Done!”;ls “$comm_bin”;}"
Downloading CLI
Extracting CLI
Done!

Directory: C:\Users\Ronald\.odrive\common\bin

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name

-a---- 7/18/2016 12:49 PM 3691 CU_Uninstall.ps1
------ 6/10/2016 10:21 PM 13308728 odrive.exe
-a---- 8/29/2016 2:19 PM 181616 OdriveOpen.exe
-a---- 8/30/2016 9:57 AM 4 version

C:>powershell -command “& {$comm_bin=”$HOME.odrive\common\bin";$o_cli_bin="$comm_bin\odrive.exe";$(& “$o_cli_bin” status);}"
odrive Make Cloud Storage THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

isActivated: True hasSession: True
email: ronald@gothelf.org accountType: CloudDrive
syncEnabled: True version: prod 5914
placeholderThreshold: alwaysDownload autoUnsyncThreshold: never
downloadThrottlingThreshold: unlimited uploadThrottlingThreshold: normal
autoTrashThreshold: never Mounts: 1
xlThreshold: never Backups: 0

Sync Requests: 0
Background Requests: 0
Uploads: 0
Downloads: 0
Trash: 15359
Waiting: 0
Not Allowed: 0

C:>

Thanks!

You can see in the output that there are over 15k items in the trash, which is unusual. I believe this may be causing the non-responsiveness in the odrive tray menu. You can run this command to get a list of what is in the trash:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" status --trash);}"

Did you delete or move a lot of items from the odrive folder recently?

I went into the web portal of odrive and there was a folder that appeared there, that did not actually appear in my folder directory on my computer. I deleted that folder.

But that folder did not actually appear in my folder directory on my computer. Will the right click return after I reboot my computer? BTW, I think this problem started yesterday, and I deleted the folder using the web interface this morning. Not 100% sure. Will the problem fix itself when I reboot?

Is there a way to fix this, so I can get my ability to right click on odrive back?

I think something will need to be done with the 15k+ items in the odrive trash first.

When you ran that command above, did you recognize the files it listed?
Do they all appear to be in the same folder or are they scattered all over the place.

If you want to output to a text file, so you can read them better you can run this command:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" status --trash);}" > %userprofile%\Desktop\odrive_trashed_items.txt

This will put the list of trashed items into a file called "odrive_trashed_items.txt on your Desktop.

Well, I just sat down to tell you that the problem went away, because I checked it a few days ago and it had.

But it is back.

Hi @REG,
Do you still have lots of items pending sync in waiting, not allowed, or trash or are things cleared up now?

Tony,

It still shows the 12569 in trash. Is there a way that I can delete them - if this is the problem?