Reenter Encryption Password or possibility to "lock" encrypted folder

Hello

I use odrive and encryption. It’s working fine but I want to be able to “unlock” my encrypted folder only when needed. Is there a way to do this? I think something like “lock this folder” and when I want to use it I have to enter the password again.

This would add an additional security to the encrypted folder? At the moment I could live with deleting a file or a registry key (whatever I can scipt) :slight_smile:

Any help appreciated.
Roger

Steps to reproduce asking for passphrase on encrypted folder?
Encryption issues (password and access)

Hi,
This is planned for our next version of encryption and will allow you to “lock” the local files.

If you need to remove the saved information:

Windows registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\odrive-encryption-[unique uuid] where [unique-uuid] is a different ID for each encryptor folder that has been setup.

Mac keychain:
Under odrive-encryption-[unique uuid]

Thanks Tony for the tip for Windows. Is there a Mac equivalent?

Mac is kept in the keychain with the same odrive-encryption-[unique uuid] name

Tony, is there a way to resolve the uuid to the encrypted folders? I have several and I to do that by try and error is a bit cumberson (I wil do it if no other way :slight_smile: )

Hi @roger2,
There isn’t a way to attribute a uuid to a folder name. Are you trying to selectively remove the objects?

Hi to do this on the registry editor, do you just delete the top “folder” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\odrive-encryption-[unique uuid] where [unique-uuid] or one of the values inside? Also do the files need to be unsyced before doing this or will it work with synced files?

Hi @tony3,
You can remove it at the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\odrive-encryption-[unique uuid]” level. Once removed, restart odrive and any new files you try to sync will require you to enter the passphrase again. You do not need to unsync first, but anything already synced will be accessible.