Racaty Support for odrive

Hi. Will you support Racaty Cloud (https://racaty.net/) in odrive for Windows 10? If your answer yes, when?

Thanks and best regards…

1 Like

Hi @knurveren,

Racaty supports connecting via WebDAV… I’ve tried creating an account on racaty.net and then connecting to it using WebDAV as the storage type. You can enter “https://racaty.net/webdav” as the server and then your racaty username and password. I’m able to connect and browse my storage. However, I’m currently not able to download or upload files yet due to an error that we’re tracking down.

WebDAV is not really a strict specification, so there’s implementation differences and lots of things that can come up depending on how a particular source does something.

Anyway, we can hopefully support Racaty via linking WebDAV fairly soon if we can solve the issue. That would be on the order of a couple of days. We may be able to more formally add it as its own storage type later on after that at some point, too.

I’ll post updates here once there’s more information from engineering.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

Hi @knurveren,

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

This most recent release fixes an issue with not being able to download files when connecting to Racaty.net using our WebDAV storage link.

That at least makes it much more useful for you on both the desktop client or the web client. You should be able to link your storage, browse through folders, and download files now.

Unfortunately, we’ve identified another issue with uploading files which is a lot more complicated in nature. It will take us quite a bit longer than expected to resolve that one. Right now we’re looking for when we can get developer time scheduled where we can continue working on this issue. I’ll update here with any new information.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

Hi @JeffL. I will be waiting your good news to also uploading the files without problem. Please tell me how can I do the settings with WebDAV for connecting to Racaty.

Again thanks indeed. Best regards…
Kemal

@knurveren,

You can link Racaty with the WebDAV storage link using the settings shown below and give it a shot (except for uploads).

SERVER: https://racaty.net/webdav
USERNAME: your racaty.net user name
PASSWORD: your racaty.net password

The “Require valid SSL certificate” checkmark is fine to leave checked. Racaty’s certificate seems to be valid.

Best,
-Jeff

1 Like

Dear @JeffL

Thanks for your prompt and great help. I will looking forward your new release which supports uploading to Racaty also.

Best regards,
Keep safe.
Kemal

I am getting this error:
Cannot browse WebDAV. WebDAV server error.

Hi Kemal,

Here’s another update… I think your browsing issue should be resolved. I’ve confirmed I can link and then browse my racaty.net account.

With regards to uploads:

1. Desktop: You should be able to upload new files through the desktop client.
  2. Desktop: Saving an edit to an existing file will not work currently, however. This is due to an issue with Racaty’s servers… we’ll work with their support team and hopefully there can be a good resolution for this.
  3. Desktop (minor): Uploading zero byte files doesn’t work.
  4. Web: Upload through the web client won’t work quite yet.

So there are some current limitations to what you can do with Racaty for now, but there’s hopefully enough functionality that you can still make use of it until we are able to resolve everything else.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

Hi @JeffL,

Thanks for your prompt updates. Please forgive me that where is new update of the odrive? I have been using already 6617. Now, it runs perfect on web page of the odrive. Thanks…But I take that error if I double clicked on the Webdav in the odrive :
Unable to sync WebDAV.cloudf.
Unexpected error. Please try again later.

Hi Kemal,

Oh, sorry… it turns out I’m running a newer build that hasn’t been released yet (Win v.6626). You’re welcome to try it out if you’d like, but you can also wait until an official release if you prefer. It’ll probably be in another day or two before this build or one after goes out.

Here’s a shared link if you want to try the prerelease build, but of course there’s no pressure to do so [EDIT: removed the link]… I’ll let you know when it officially goes out, too.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

Ok I will wait. Thanks again…

Hi @knurveren,

The desktop sync client release is out officially now. I’ll remove my shared folder link from before.

Thanks for your patience,
-Jeff

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Is there a way to disable placeholder files with size (sparse files)?

Firstly, thank you very much for your all labor. I will install as soon as go to office. You are a great developer. Thank you veru much indeed.

Best regards…

Dear @JeffL

I can’t open any cloud link on the odrive web page. They all open a blank page when I clicked on the my any cloud link in my odrive account page. I installed v6627 desktop client. Restart PC and clear Chrome cache and cookies etc. The same problem goes on.

Dear @JeffL,

This is an emergency case. My students send me many e-mails and they say that they could not watch my lesson videos from odrive. Please…

Now, everything runs perfectly…
Thank you…

Hi @knurveren,
Our sincere apologies for the trouble you were seeing. We are still looking into the issue, but I’m glad things are working for you now.

2 Likes

Now, all is perfect for me. Thank you.

2 Likes