"Please authorize drive to access GoogleDrive" window spam - Never ending

I am getting an infinite number of these windows popping up reading “Please authorize drive to access
GoogleDrive”. I am running the latest version of ODrive (prod 7363) on a MBP 16-in M1 Max on macOS Sonoma 14.0 (23A344). I haven’t encountered this issue before updating to Sonoma, so I imagine this could be the culprit.

Every time I try to click “Authorize” and login with my credentials, it spits out “This account doesn’t match. Please make sure you are authorizing the correct account to odrive. Tip: You may first need to log out of the current account on your web browser.” I’ve followed those instructions to a tee as well but the issue persists. What’s stranger is that my files seem to be syncing normally in the background despite this authorization popup.

Can anyone help?

Hi @andrewmorner,
Can you please send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu and let me know when it is sent? We can take a look and see what is going on.

Hi Tony, I just sent the diagnostic. It actually appears that the issue resolved itself after me closing the windows repeatedly for about 10 minutes. Now it’s back to normal.

Hi @andrewmorner,
It looks like the “TR Drive” Google account may still not have a valid token.

Try the following, just to make sure:

1. Go to odrive | Sign in
  2. Browse to your TR Drive link. If there is a valid token it will let you browse. If not, it will prompt you for reauth, which you should do.
  3. It looks like you have 4 Google Drive accounts linked, so browse into each of those, as well, just to make sure they are all set.
  4. Exit odrive and then restart.

These steps should ensure that everything is in order. Since you have lots of folders synced across multiple Google Drive accounts on the desktop, it can be harder to nail down exactly which account is having an issue because of background sync activity. Navigating from the browser allows you to be very precise in what you are requesting, so it is easier to pinpoint what needs reauth.

Thank you very much!

1 Like