OneDrive sync issue

Hi there,

I’ started to use odrive with my OneDrive Business and I’ve tried to sync a single folder which has 39 folders and 965 files in it. Total size is 832MB.
I see “not allowed” tab has 27 files and they are all regular files with common extensions such as pptx, docx, pdf.
I talked to system administrator to learn if there is any kind of limitation with files types, size and count but the answer was no.

So I’m now suspicious about odrive.
Could you please help me to troubleshoot this issue?
I took a screenshot of it as well. Thank you.

Thanks.

You can click on individual file names in “Not allowed” list and check the error it ran into during sync between your PC and cloud storage. Please share the snapshot of the error message, we’ll take a look.

Btw, I would recommend you to let the sync job continue for other remaining files and see if not allowed files are retried and clear out from the list?

Thanks,
Asif

I believe, files in not allowed list contains chars which are not permitted by OneDrive for Business.

Please make sure file name does not begin or end with a space, end with a period, or include any of these characters: / \ * < > ? : | # & + %

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like

Another reason OneDrive would be very difficult for me to use. I need chars that Windows allows (I don’t want to have to keep track of what I can or cannot use).

Thanks for the tips.
Yes indeed it is a character issue.
What does “Delete your change” action do?

Hi @obasak,

I believe, you should rename the files and remove not permitted chars to let your files sync. Btw, “Delete your changes” will discard problematic files from odrive folder (revert files back to its original state or delete, which leads such files to move into OS trash but depends on trash settings and available capacity).

In your case “Delete your changes” option is not recommended since you want to keep the files in odrive folder and sync.

Thanks,
Asif

Yeah, it all depends on user preferences which involves a lot of other factors when it comes to cloud storage selection.

Personally I don’t select it to use. But it is used by the company which I work for.
I’ll keep an eye on the file names.
Thank you for your inputs.
Ozgur